The Trojan War Book (Olivia Coolidge) question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trojan War Book (Olivia Coolidge) question

Hello! More questions as I plan for my grade 8 student: If we do the Trojan War book in this next school year, would it be too much to cover the Illiad/Odyssey in the same school year? Would we possibly burn out on the theme? I know they are meaty books, and I'm unsure if we can even cover all three in a year. Thanks.
    Ora et labora,
    Sandra

DD (17) - grade 12 (Divine Comedy, Precalculus, AP Latin, Senior Thesis, Fundamentals of the Faith, American Government, and Economics through MPOA Diploma Program)

DD (13) - grade 9 (Algebra ll, Fourth Form Latin, Logic l & ll, High School Comp. ll, through MPOA. Aeneid/ History of the Romans, Geography lll, and Biology at home)

What else are you doing for Classical Studies/Literature? Will you be doing Book of the Ancient Greeks and Ancient World too?

Comment

Yes, we are planning on The Ancient Book of the Greeks (Dorothy Mills) for my grade 8 student. I have a grade 5 student who will be working through Famous Men of Greece, so I imagine a lot of cross-conversation

Would using the Ancient World be helpful in this mix?
      Ora et labora,
      Sandra

DD (17) - grade 12 (Divine Comedy, Precalculus, AP Latin, Senior Thesis, Fundamentals of the Faith, American Government, and Economics through MPOA Diploma Program)

DD (13) - grade 9 (Algebra ll, Fourth Form Latin, Logic l & ll, High School Comp. ll, through MPOA. Aeneid/ History of the Romans, Geography lll, and Biology at home)

Comment

Are you planning to do the study guides with Trojan War, Iliad and Odyssey?...I think all three of those may be too much...Is it possible to just read The Trojan War over the summer without the guide, and then do The Iliad and The Odyssey with the guides during the school year?
        Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
        DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
        DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
        DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

I was going to suggest the same thing as The Autumn Oak.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I was considering the Trojan War for the summer. We were planning on the study guides for all of these books, and it seemed to be too much to pack in for a year.
            Ora et labora,
            Sandra

Comment

Working...
            X