Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Algebra l

Hi Dorinda,
    I think Classics is for worthy pre-Common Core Texts that private schools and such wish to keep using. So, for a math book, 2001 is long ago.

I did go ahead and find the used version and (yeah!) solutions guide for the old book. I also discovered the Forester Solutions Guide is less expensive from Oasis than the last time I looked ($45), so I went ahead and ordered it. Because the table of contents line up so well, I think I'll probably go ahead and use the MP book and schedule and add in Foerster for story problems as we go along. I like Foerster, but I don't like how he teachers the quadratic equations.

I'll have a 7th grade Algebra student, too, so we'll take our time.

I really hope MP does Algebra 2 and Geometry guides, too. I'm going to need help with those.
    Last edited by bean; 11-14-2015, 06:25 AM.
    Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post
      Hi Dorinda,
      I think Classics is for worthy pre-Common Core Texts that private schools and such wish to keep using. So, for a math book, 2001 is long ago.

I did go ahead and find the used version and (yeah!) solutions guide for the old book. I also discovered the Forester Solutions Guide is less expensive from Oasis than the last time I looked ($45), so I went ahead and ordered it. Because the table of contents line up so well, I think I'll probably go ahead and use the MP book and schedule and add in Foerster for story problems as we go along. I like Foerster, but I don't like how he teachers the quadratic equations.

I'll have a 7th grade Algebra student, too, so we'll take our time.

I really hope MP does Algebra 2 and Geometry guides, too. I'm going to need help with those.
      How do you get into oasis to order as a homeschool teacher? I couldn't figure out how to sign up.

I am a bit of a nut and I love math books so we will probably do a mix of a few different things. This is my oldest and I have 3 (2 I know are major math boys) coming up behind her so once again she gets to be a trailblazer ;-) She has helped me figure out several programs I don't like.

Dorinda
      Dorinda

For 2020-2021
      DD 17-12th with MPOA(Classical Studies 3), CLRC (Latin 6, Greek 5), Thinkwell (Calculus and Chemistry), Vita Beata (Divine Comedy), American History
      DS 15-9th with Lukeion(Latin 1 and Greek 1), Vita Beata (9th Literature)
      DS 12-7th with Right Start Level H online class, Vita Beata (6th Literature)
      DS 6 - 2nd blazing our own trail with Right Start D and a mix of MP materials

Comment

I signed up for an Oasis account a couple of years ago. I'll look at it later, but it wasn't painful as I recall.
        Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Working...
        X