Question about Intro to Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Intro to Composition

I'm curious, I see this is scheduled starting in grade 3. Following the moderated plans, it looks as though it is continued in grade 4 with the "supplemental lessons" being scheduled. Are those the lessons in the appendix? Does it eventually move into the next composition book?

I also see that Intro is being subbed out for IEW. May I ask why?

Intro to Comp is MP's third grade primer to the Classical Composition (CC) series that starts in fourth grade with Fable. After reviewing materials, the teachers at HLS preferred the IEW All Things Fun and Fascinating as a precursor to CC so MP has made the switch accordingly. As of yesterday, it is the default composition program being included with both the regular and accelerated third grade packages.
    In fourth grade, all students (regular and accelerated) move into CC Fable.

Does this help? Hope so!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

10th year HSing · 8th year MP
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    10th, 8th, 5th, 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Something that is getting lost in all the details is that IEW is also based (very loosely) on the protogymnasmata that the Classical Comp program is also based on. There's no conflict of interest to use an introductory IEW product, then seguing into CC.

Just throwing that out there.

Jen
      DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 12 yrs, currently attending a classical school which would give HLS a run for its money.

All homeschooled.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling. Ahhh....

Comment

Yes, Jen! Great point.
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

10th year HSing · 8th year MP
        @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
        10th, 8th, 5th, 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Working...
        X