Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions before I order (grade 3 products)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions before I order (grade 3 products)

1. Is the Introduction to Composition teacher's key really necessary for the mom on a budget?
    2. Where do I get the dictation directions if I am not purchasing the full grade 3 teacher's guide?
    3. If I purchase the combined English Grammar 1/Intro to Composition lesson plans (digital download), is it just a one year plan for the Grammar? Or the two year?

Hello!

I can't answer number 3 as I have only ever bought the complete plans. Subject plans weren't available when I was just using MP for a few subjects. I may be strange, but I would buy the teacher guide before a student guide for intro to composition. My children have had trouble with the small lines in that particular book. I just write his narrations down in a notebook and the dictation he does in a notebook as well. There is so much in all the teacher guides that I would hate to miss. For English grammar I think you need both. The writing space seems more age appropriate for "real kid" use and there are sentences to mark in there with the grammar concept being studied.

Dorinda
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Dorinda is right about the teacher manual being more helpful than the student. And if you get the teacher manual, then you also have the dictation right there in it. If you decide to get the student alone anyway, you could use any selection from the literature books as a dictation -- it doesn't have to be exactly what we chose.

The plans are for one year. The only thing in Intro to Comp that will not be covered in that year is the appendix (which covers writing sentences smoothly with variety, book reports, writing a letter, etc).

I don't know if you saw the recent thread about using IEW instead of Introduction to Composition in 3rd grade. If not, I would suggest reading over it: http://forum.memoriapress.com/showthread.php?13368-IEW-Lesson-Plans

Paul
      Paul Schaeffer
      --
      Academy Director
      Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
        Dorinda is right about the teacher manual being more helpful than the student. And if you get the teacher manual, then you also have the dictation right there in it. If you decide to get the student alone anyway, you could use any selection from the literature books as a dictation -- it doesn't have to be exactly what we chose.

The plans are for one year. The only thing in Intro to Comp that will not be covered in that year is the appendix (which covers writing sentences smoothly with variety, book reports, writing a letter, etc).

I don't know if you saw the recent thread about using IEW instead of Introduction to Composition in 3rd grade. If not, I would suggest reading over it: http://forum.memoriapress.com/showthread.php?13368-IEW-Lesson-Plans

Paul
        Paul,

Is the appendix that you spoke of in the grade level plan book or is it also in the Intro to Comp plans? I ask because I'd love to see the information about writing sentences smoothly, book reports, etc. Because my girls are on too many different levels of each subject, I have to purchase the lesson plans separately rather than purchase the grade level guide. I wish I didn't have to do this because I'm afraid I'm missing some great info in the full guide. If I purchased the Intro to Comp plans would it have the appendix to which you are referring?

Thanks!
        Mindy

Comment

Right now those individual Intro to Comp plans do not refer to the appendix at all. I looked at the full 3rd grade plans that include Intro to Comp and they do refer to the appendix, so we will try to get those updated for you. Check back in a week and we should have it done!

Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
          X