Book of the Middle Ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of the Middle Ages

The accelerated 8th grade package includes this text, but not the accompanying teacher and student guides. Just curious how it is used in the package. Is it read as a supplement to the other literature texts? Thanks!

This book is scheduled in the lesson plans for the 8A literature course. It is read to provide context to the literature being studied.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

Similar question

I have a very similar question about the 7S/6A package. The Guerber book is included in the package, but not the student workbook/teacher guide. Instead, the Everything You Need to Know About US Homework and 200 Questions books are included in the package. After having done FMR and FMMA (and being used to the routine) it seems strange to not have the comprehension questions, maps, reviews, and vocabulary that the student work text provides.

Comment

I know that the Guerber student book and teacher book is not used at Highlands, only the 200 questions book, so it is not included in the package...Only the 200 questions book is scheduled...I think it is a time issue, meaning they don't have enough time in the 6th grade class to do the guides...
        Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
        DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
        DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
        DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

That makes sense, AutumnOak. I wonder who the study guide set is actually for if it is not used at Highlands and not included in the homeschool package?

Comment

Some people are not doing the entire packages, or are doing courses with older kids...My son did the Geurber guides with the 200 Questions book because he was older and we had the time...Since we used the book as a course, it worked out well for us...

ETA: It is sort of like the "Famous Men of Modern Times" books...They are not done at Highlands, and will not be included in any grade package, but they are available for either schools or homeschools who would like to have that course...
            Last edited by The Autumn Oak; 05-04-2015, 07:23 AM.
            Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
            DS -21 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
            DS -17 (9/04) (SN)
            DS -15 (7/06)

Comment

Working...
            X