Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Middle Ages History books

Hi,

My three children will be in 1st, 3rd, and 6th in the fall. I've used a wide variety of curriculum and am leaning more and more to MP for several of my choices this fall. Currently my oldest is doing FFL and CC Fables. The next child is using PL, and the younger one is following along with him. We use and love the DVDs for all three of these courses!! Next year they will all move to the next stage and use LC1, SFL, and CC Narrative.

I would like to also use Famous Men of the Middle Ages. Should I use that for both my 3rd and 6th grader? Or should I get The Book of the Middle Ages for the 6th grader? Do the two books mesh well together?

Thank You,

Christina
    Christina

Hello.

FMMA would be challenging for your 3rd grader, but it could be done as a family read-aloud with the 3rd grader participating. Have you done FMR yet? That is an easier history and might be a better place to start. And have your students studied Greek mythology? That is also a good fit for a 3rd grader. If you do decide to do the Middle Ages, FMMA is plenty difficult for your 6th grader, so I wouldn't add the Book of the Middle Ages. Also, our 6th grade literature is the Middle Ages and would be a good fit for the 6th grader, but not the 3rd grader. It would be too difficult.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Congratulations, happyhappyjoyjoy, you were the 25,000th person to join our forum! We would love to give you a $25 Memoria Press gift card in order to thank you for joining and being a part of the MP community
      If you'd like to receive the coupon promo for $25, please email [email protected]
      Also, would you mind if we mentioned your first name on our social media platforms to publicly congratulate you?

Thank you!

Amanda from Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        Hello.

FMMA would be challenging for your 3rd grader, but it could be done as a family read-aloud with the 3rd grader participating. Have you done FMR yet? That is an easier history and might be a better place to start. And have your students studied Greek mythology? That is also a good fit for a 3rd grader. If you do decide to do the Middle Ages, FMMA is plenty difficult for your 6th grader, so I wouldn't add the Book of the Middle Ages. Also, our 6th grade literature is the Middle Ages and would be a good fit for the 6th grader, but not the 3rd grader. It would be too difficult.

Regards,

Tanya
        Thank you for the helpful feedback. We have not done FMR or FMG, but we've covered ancient history several times in other ways. I asked the boys which area of history they wanted to cover and they chose the middle ages. If we stick with that choice I will get FMMA for the 6th grader and as a go-along for the younger children. I had also planned on using the 6th grade literature choices as family read-alouds.
        Last edited by happyhappyjoyjoy; 04-14-2015, 10:01 AM. Reason: fix quote
        Christina

Comment

Originally posted by AJWilson View Post
          Congratulations, happyhappyjoyjoy, you were the 25,000th person to join our forum! We would love to give you a $25 Memoria Press gift card in order to thank you for joining and being a part of the MP community
          If you'd like to receive the coupon promo for $25, please email [email protected]
          Also, would you mind if we mentioned your first name on our social media platforms to publicly congratulate you?

Thank you!

Amanda from Memoria Press
          Wow!!!! Thank you for such a gift. This has really made my day. I will email for the gift and am happy to have you use my name.

Christina
          Christina

Comment

Working...
          X