Spitify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spitify?

Someone said that there might be some Spotify lists for the music used in the Science & Enrichment Guides. If there are, could someone please direct me to them. I hadn't even heard of Spotify until about 15 minutes ago and still really don't know what it is, so please be very specific and post links if possible. Thank you!

ETA that I can't believe I misspelled it as Spitify, LOL! I tried to edit it, but it didn't change.
    Last edited by Cheryl in CA; 04-10-2015, 06:37 PM.
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
    ds 25, graduated
    dd 11th Grade
    dd 8th Grade
    ds 6th Grade

Cheryl,

Yes, some of the younger moms have complied the MP lower level music into "playlists" on Spotify.

If it helps, I don't really know what it is, either. Like you (you posted on this recently), I have older kids and then a much younger one. Personally, I'd contact your Old Kids for help with this new-fangled techie thing. I do that all the time, esp with my MIT kid. Just over Christmas break, I was informed by ALL my older kids that "no one" uses Internet Explorer anymore, except for dinosaurs like me. They use all kinds of music-download-tech things that I don't know anything about. The sad thing is that none of the sites are new.....

Jen
    DS, 28 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace)

DS, 26 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 23 yrs, graduated from The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC; 2nd grade teacher.

DS, 13 yrs, 9th grade; attends a private classical school, 7th - 12th.

All homeschooled for some/all of their K-12 education.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling, now a high school chemistry teacher at a large Catholic high school

Comment

LOL, my older kids will be no help. They can use a computer, but they aren't into them or other media like most kids (adults) their age. They don't text either and did not want cell phones either when I forced them to start carrying them at 15. They are rebels, LOL.

I finally had a chance to do some searching, and (if I am understanding it correctly - no guarantees), it looks like Spotify is something you use on a tablet or phone? I do have a smart phone (though not an iPhone), but I don't play music on it, and I don't have a tablet. So, I'll probably just search for the ones I don't already own on Amazon or iTunes.

It can be interesting having bigs and littles! It's good to know that I'm not alone :-) We thought we were done a couple of times, but God had other ideas, LOL. Mine are almost 21, 19, 11, 8, and 7. It amazes me how much has changed in homeschooling between sets of kids, especially how much more is available for my younger set!
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
      ds 25, graduated
      dd 11th Grade
      dd 8th Grade
      ds 6th Grade

Comment

Spotify is a music subscription service. You can play it off your phone, tablet, or computer. It's a bit like netflix I guess, but also like social media because you can have "friends" and see what they are listening too and stuff. You can listen to the music as long as you are a subscriber. You go through and add songs or albums to "your music." You can also create playlists. Spotify is good for people that want to listen to a lot of different music but don't want to pay for a ton of albums. My husband is like that, so he has a subscription. I used his and made a playlist of the kindergarten music.
        Susan

2021-2022
        A (13) - Simply Classical 7/8
        C (12) - Simply Classical 7/8
        G (8) - Simply Classical 1

Comment

We do not do Spotify; so our outlet for finding them is to use good old youtube.com and enter the title to play a video. A lot of times you can get live performances of them; there has never been a single selection I have not found; and, oddly enough, I have come across some really worthwhile additional performances because of looking for school music. We find it completely useful!

One tip....when I am on a regular computer, I don't have my kids around until I get to the search results....too much garbage on the main pages.

AMDG,
          Sarah
          2020-2021
          16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
          DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
          DS, 17
          DD, 15
          DD, 13
          DD, 11
          DD, 9
          DD, 7
          +DS+
          DS, 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
            Mine are almost 21, 19, 11, 8, and 7. It amazes me how much has changed in homeschooling between sets of kids, especially how much more is available for my younger set!

I always tell my husband that it's *amazing* that our older children survived our inept parenting from the 90's. Things couldn't be different, from car seat rules to Benadryl.

Jen
            DS, 28 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace)

DS, 26 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 23 yrs, graduated from The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC; 2nd grade teacher.

DS, 13 yrs, 9th grade; attends a private classical school, 7th - 12th.

All homeschooled for some/all of their K-12 education.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling, now a high school chemistry teacher at a large Catholic high school

Comment

Originally posted by KF2000 View Post
              We do not do Spotify; so our outlet for finding them is to use good old youtube.com and enter the title to play a video. A lot of times you can get live performances of them; there has never been a single selection I have not found; and, oddly enough, I have come across some really worthwhile additional performances because of looking for school music. We find it completely useful!

One tip....when I am on a regular computer, I don't have my kids around until I get to the search results....too much garbage on the main pages.

AMDG,
              Sarah
              Thank you Sarah! I had not thought to look on YouTube.
              Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
              ds 25, graduated
              dd 11th Grade
              dd 8th Grade
              ds 6th Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Jen in Japan View Post
                I always tell my husband that it's *amazing* that our older children survived our inept parenting from the 90's. Things couldn't be different, from car seat rules to Benadryl.

Jen
                LOL Jen, it's so true!
                Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
                ds 25, graduated
                dd 11th Grade
                dd 8th Grade
                ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
                X