Specific Books for Literature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specific Books for Literature?

While I was looking at the literature packages I saw this note: "NOTE: Our Heidi Study Guide should be used with the Puffin Classics Edition, or any edition translated by Eileen Hall."

Are there any other books that require specific editions?
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
    ds 25, graduated
    dd 11th Grade
    dd 8th Grade
    ds 6th Grade

The only guides that require a specific novel or book are the ones that are translations from another language: Heidi, the Iliad and Odyssey, the Aeneid, The Divine Comedy, and the City of God are the ones that come to mind immediately.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      The only guides that require a specific novel or book are the ones that are translations from another language: Heidi, the Iliad and Odyssey, the Aeneid, The Divine Comedy, and the City of God are the ones that come to mind immediately.

Tanya
      I can't find any information on your website regarding which translation to use for the Iliad and Odyssey, The Divine Comedy, or The City of God. Is that something you'll add to the website, or will I need to call/email MP when we need that information? My daughter is visually impaired, so we typically buy books for her giant Kindle so she can increase the font.
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
      ds 25, graduated
      dd 11th Grade
      dd 8th Grade
      ds 6th Grade

Comment

Hello.

The Iliad/Odyssey page says: "These study guides feature the prose translations of Samuel Butler ..."

The Aeneid page says: "Note: Our study guides are made to be used with the David West translation of the Aeneid."

I need to have notes added to the website for Dante and Augustine. I'll get that done!

Thanks,

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          Hello.

The Iliad/Odyssey page says: "These study guides feature the prose translations of Samuel Butler ..."

The Aeneid page says: "Note: Our study guides are made to be used with the David West translation of the Aeneid."

I need to have notes added to the website for Dante and Augustine. I'll get that done!

Thanks,

Tanya
          Thanks! I saw the Aeneid note but missed the Iliad/Odyssey (I was looking for a note at the bottom).
          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
          ds 25, graduated
          dd 11th Grade
          dd 8th Grade
          ds 6th Grade

Comment

I'm guessing the same would be true of Beowulf? I can't find anything on it's webpage.
            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
            ds 25, graduated
            dd 11th Grade
            dd 8th Grade
            ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
            X