No announcement yet.

Classical Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa....those are amazing! What a great idea! May have to be a summer project...did you use the examples from the text?

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 17
    DD, 15
    DD, 13
    DD, 11
    DD, 9
    DD, 7
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Comment

My idea is to print them on cardstock (or just paper )and pull them out when needed. I could just hand ds the iPad and let him use the OneNote file, but he is too easily distracted with technology. OneNote was my way to organize them before I print. I'm thinking I can have him add the two figures of description that he is prompted to add from the lesson, then perhaps for the final, he can sift through the cards to see if he thinks adding another would add to his narrative.

Yes, they are examples from the back of the CC teacher guide. And yes, I will post on the new technology section of the forum (when I get a chance this afternoon!). You could do this all at once (summer project like Sarah said) or just do them as you come to them in Fable or Narrative (which is what I'm doing!).

Comment

Thanks...love the idea to print them on cardstock too!
        AMDG,
        Sarah
        2020-2021
        DS, 17
        DD, 15
        DD, 13
        DD, 11
        DD, 9
        DD, 7
        +DS+
        DS, 2

Comment

Yes, those are wonderful! And I love the card stock idea as well. What a great way to learn and remember them.
          DD 17 | 12th
          DS 15 | 9th
          DD 13 | 8th
          2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

I did create a post on the new technology sub forum. You could totally do this without any tech just by using index cards and pics from magazines cut out and glued on.

http://forum.memoriapress.com/showthread.php?13347-High-Low-Tech-Figures-of-Description-created-in-OneNote

Comment

DS , working on adding figures of description and completing paraphrase 1 (Narrative), was overheard talking to himself in the next room. He said, "I'm having entirely too much fun writing this because this is my least favorite thing (composition)."

I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean?! But, I *think* it either means he enjoys it once he gets started, or he is surprised that he enjoys it at all. Either way, from a 12 yo boy who'd rather be out fishing, I'll take it .

Comment

Awesome! That's a good laugh!
                AMDG,
                Sarah
                2020-2021
                DS, 17
                DD, 15
                DD, 13
                DD, 11
                DD, 9