Online Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Academy

(I was unsure which sub forum to post my question to.)

Typically, when are course offerings for the next year (2015-2016) going to be announced for the Online Academy? In addition to being interested in several courses, I am hoping that PreAlgebra will be offered, and wish to make plans financially and time wise if that is going to be the case.

Hello!

Classes for 2015-16 will be announced in just a few weeks. We are indeed offering Pre-Algebra. Math classes will now be two days per week at 90 minutes apiece. Looks like the class times will be Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00am EST.

Thank you for the inquiry!

Mr. Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Thank you

This is perfect. Thank you so much!

Comment

Mr. Piland,
        This is a high school question, but for math, do you recommend going from Algebra I to Algebra II right away, or to have a year for geometry in between? She will hopefully be doing the Novare Physics concurrently.

AMDG,
        Sarah
        2020-2021
        16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
        DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
        DS, 17
        DD, 15
        DD, 13
        DD, 11
        DD, 9
        DD, 7
        +DS+
        DS, 2

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question. I think it is typical to have a Geometry class come in between Algebra I and Algebra II, but we've seen both situations work out favorably. In the online class, we do have a Geometry class but we are reworking it. I do not know if it will be available next year, but certainly the year after that. The Novare Physics assumes that (1) the student is currently in Algebra I or (2) has already completed Algebra I. The Physics instructor is also a Math instructor for us. He also teaches Literature and Composition. A bit of a Renaissance man

Thank you! Have a great day!

Mr. Piland
          Director

Comment

Okay, great! I feel good about handling Algebra II, but would prefer help with geometry....so it sounds like we will be in fine shape to wait for it. Thanks so much!

AMDG,
            Sarah
            2020-2021
            16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
            DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
            DS, 17
            DD, 15
            DD, 13
            DD, 11
            DD, 9
            DD, 7
            +DS+
            DS, 2

Comment

Online Academy PreAlgebra

I am waiting to place an order until I know what text the online prealgebra class will use. If I order the 7th grade core set, College of the Redwoods materials are included, but I noticed an Abeka text was used for the online course for 2014-2015. Can you advise me on this?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question! The College of the Redwoods text will be used in the online Prealgebra class next year. We should have the schedule up soon, but I can tell you the general information for the class. It meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am - 10:30am EST (class meets twice per week).

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Mr. Piland
                Director

Comment

Working...
                X