Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Enrichment Guides with Older Grades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Enrichment Guides with Older Grades?

I love the Enrichment Guides...I would love to do the art and music selections from all three of them over the next three years with all of my boys together...I realize the book selections are grade specific, but the art and music can be done with anyone using the guides right?...I won't have anyone who is doing cores K-2 next year, but I don't want to miss the music and art...

Am I crazy, or is this doable on top of the older grade cores?...I will have two boys doing the 3rd grade core and one doing the 7th...I already own the all three sets of the art cards and the 1st grade Enrichment guide...
    Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
    DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
    DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
    DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

Hi, Tahara.

You can absolutely use the art and music with older students! It they come out of school really knowing these 100 pieces of art and music, it will probably be 100 more than the majority of students they go to college with!

Eventually, we would like to have a grammar school course that revisits these pieces in more detail, but that will be awhile! We haven't even begun that project!

Tanya

Comment

Tahara,
      I use the K-2 music and art for my whole crew, so we are just rotating through those pieces year after year. I'd suggest buying a year of the art (only $10!) and then getting the music list from the forum (I think Tanya has posted links to their updated list) and just doing one of each per week. I use Spotify (free) to create playlists for each year. They are linked on other forum posts if you want to search the word "Spotify" to find them. Look and listen--that's the minimum. They learn so much from this very easy first step. If you have time you can go deeper, but that's gravy.
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
      12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
      10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
      7th • HLN & Home
      4th • HLN & Home
      Me: Third Form Summer Intensive MPOA

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post
        I love the Enrichment Guides...I would love to do the art and music selections from all three of them over the next three years with all of my boys together...I realize the book selections are grade specific, but the art and music can be done with anyone using the guides right?...I won't have anyone who is doing cores K-2 next year, but I don't want to miss the music and art...

Am I crazy, or is this doable on top of the older grade cores?...I will have two boys doing the 3rd grade core and one doing the 7th...I already own the all three sets of the art cards and the 1st grade Enrichment guide...
        Oh Tahara I think this is a great idea!
        I have been looking for a book but I have a bunch of the cards...no need for me to reinvent the wheel!
        Winter 2020 :
        DD - Graduated!
        DS - core 10 with remediation/support
        DD - core 7 with remediation/support
        DS - core 5 with remediation/support

Comment

MaggieAnnie, I have all three sets of cards and the First Grade Enrichment Guide already...I love the Enrichment Guide, so I am going to get the K one for this year, do the First Grade one next year, then the Second Grade one the year after...Then maybe we will repeat...

If you already have cards, go for it...If you don't have cards, they are really a good price and good quality...
          Tahara

Homeschooling two boys

Comment

Thanks, Jessica!...I will check out Spotify...I found some songs on YouTube too, so between the two of them hopefully I can find everything...
            Tahara

Homeschooling two boys

Comment

Both my fourth and second graders are doing the art and music parts of the second grade enrichment. It works out really well for us. That's a great idea to keep rotating through those art cards. Maybe next year I'll go ahead and get the kindergarten set to do as well. We really enjoy learning about the artists. I've found other resources to use as well, and we've done some art projects relating to them. Great experiences!
              Angela

Comment

Working...
              X