EPS readers sets 5& 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPS readers sets 5& 6

We will be finishing up FSR D this winter and then moving into the "summer" schedule of readers. I already went through and figured out phonics workbook pages to coordinate since my dd needs the writing to connect the sounds. We're about a year behind on the phonics plans so we'll probably doing the "1st grade" phonics/spelling and reading plans for her "2nd grade" year.

I was thinking of doing the first 4 weeks of the 1st grade reading schedule of the EPS 5&6 readers this summer as a bridge to our "2nd" grade. Does the 1st grade phonics/spelling plans coordinate with the reading plans? Or do the sounds from those readers get covered specifically later in the year? I'm debating holding off til the fall with them so everything 'fits' or doing them in the summer and maybe linking them to the workbooks on my own. If the sounds get covered in the phonics during the year then I'd be comfortable just going the the readers in the summer as general practice and familiarization to the new sounds. but if they aren't really covered then I think I'd rather wait so we're not doing worksheets throughout the summer and just review the older readers or just general kids reader stories.

I think my general question is: are the last two sets of readers connected to the phonics plans?

(I hope that was at all coherent. The kidlets are sick including the 4 mo old so I'm a bit short on sleep)

The first grade phonics and spelling do coordinate somewhat with the first grade literature (reading) and spelling. Since they are not tied to the EPS readers, go ahead and work your way through those first. They will definitely aid in the transition from FSR Book D to Little Bear. We have some lesson plans that coordinate those readers with pages in Classical Phonics for extra practice. If you do not have these, but would like them, call let us know and we can get those sent to you.

After these, you should be ready for Little Bear and the first grade phonics/spelling. I would not recommend doing EPS 5 & 6 as a bridge into 2nd grade reading, spelling and phonics as it was intended as a bridge into the first grade reading, spelling and phonics. It would be too much of a stretch to go from Books 5 & 6 to second grade.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
    Michelle T

Comment

thanks for the clarification about 5&6. I have those plans already so I'll see how it goes.

don't worry I'm not trying to bridge FSR straight to MP's 2nd grade plans. We'll be doing MP's 1st grade phonics & reading in my dd's "2nd grade" year. So we're still going in order from FSR to Story time treasures.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying! If you have any further questions regarding those readers, let me know. I am happy to be of assistance!

Blessings,
        Michelle T

Comment

Working...
        X