Teaching Latin at a community center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching Latin at a community center

I have been asked to consider teaching a basic Latin class at a community center. My very first thought was of course MP. However, because it is at the city community center it has to be secular. Can the MP Latin classes be secularized? If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a different curriculum.

This will not be happening until next fall since I will have to teach myself Latin first.

TIA for any help,

Shannon

Hello.

We do sell our Latin courses to charter schools, so we have secularized Latina Christiana I (called Grammar School Latin) and First Form Latin, so we will have what you need when you get ready. You can't purchase these on our website; you will need to call to place your order.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

God Bless You All.

I was very stressed out about trying to find a good curriculum to use.

How would you recommend teaching myself Latin? My thought was to start with the curriculum I would be using, but then I didn't know if I should continue with the Forms and then Henle or go straight to Henle since I am an adult.

Comment

Hello.

I would recommend that you begin with First Form Latin. It is easy to use and has plenty of practice built in. The fact that you will be teaching in a secular environment would exclude you from ever teaching Henle, so if you teach yourself Latin with First Form, you will be learning a program that you could teach one day.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X