Pre-Algebra Solutions Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Algebra Solutions Manual

We're finally starting on Pre-Algebra and I'm curious if there is a reason why the solutions manual has only the answers for the odd questions.

Thanks!
    Kami

Hi, Kami.

It appears that most upper school math books only have the odd answers. And our teachers tell me that if students only do the odds, it is plenty of work. I think our Algebra I text only has the odd answers too. It seems to me that the textbook companies are only doing half the work! You'd think they would eventually key the entire thing.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks for the information Tanya! Kind of odd, but so it goes.

I have had a struggle switching to this format for Math, as sometimes I need to refer to the student text to check his work and the pages don't necessarily line up with the solutions manual. However, I think my son is liking this text, so we'll just keep at it.

Is there an updated quiz & test booklet that I should get to replace the one I received some time ago when I originally ordered it?

Also, a bit of the Math subject, but when I ordered this set it had different literature selections. So should I order Bard of Avon, and the Tom Sawyer set with a new Curriculum Guide? Is there anything else new or changed, or coming, that I need to update? He's only onto the Pre-Algebra right now. It might be a couple months yet before we move on in other subjects.

Thanks again!
      Kami

Comment

Kami,

I don't have any control over the pre-algebra book and solutions manual since it isn't our product, but I can speak to the literature changes. We decided that Robinson Crusoe was too difficult for many 7th graders, so we removed it and added Treasure Island and Tom Sawyer. It is totally up to you whether to make the switch or not, but if you do choose to switch, we'll be glad to send you the new lesson plans that include Tom Sawyer at no charge. I can also give you the student and teacher guides, but I can't give you the novel. If you want to make this switch from your original purchase, just email [email protected], and they'll be glad to send you whatever you need.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thanks Tanya!

As far as Pre-Algebra, I just need to adjust and I'm not a big fan of change. We'll just keep at it and see how it goes.

I'll be talking to Jessica on a couple of other items, so I'll get Tom Sawyer figured out too.

Thanks for your help!

Happy Thanksgiving!
          Kami

Comment

Working...
          X