American History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American History

Where does American History come in with MP plans or do I need to supplement? Susan

Hi, Susan.

We do some introductory American history in K-2nd through our read-aloud program. In 3rd-5th grades, our students do geography and learn to map the world. We are working on a list of American history biographies and novels that we feel are good for each grammar school grade. I have 3rd grade completed, but I don't have complete lists for the other grades yet. It is coming! In 6th grade, we do an American history survey with Guerber's Story of the Thirteen Colonies and the American Republic, 200 Questions About American History, and Everything You Need to Know About American History Homework. Then, in 9th-10th grades, we do 2 years of a high school American history course using A Concise History of the American Republic.

Tanya

Comment

Tanya,

Where would I find the list for 3rd grade?

Thanks.

Melisa
      Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
      ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

Tanya,
        would MP 9th and 10th grade core packages be including that 2 year American History sequence you mentioned upthread? (While I'm at it might you update us on high school core progress?)

My 8th grader doing 7th grade is ZOOOMING through her work now that she's got the hang of MP workload after doing 6th last year. I was going to add in a US history program and give her high school credit. I do not, however, want to do this if she will get AM history in her grade level package in 2 years.
        Thanks for info...

Comment

Melisa,

I'm attaching the list for you here.

Tanya
          Attached Files

Comment

Momee,

Our 9th and 10th grade packages will have the Concise History course in them. I plan to release 9th grade this summer. I have our biology teacher putting that together, and we are working on Algebra 2 plans, as well as Greek Tragedies for classical studies and early church history for Christian Studies, so we are concentrating on 9th grade right now. The plan is a grade a year until we are finished!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
            X