8th grade Christian STudies ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8th grade Christian STudies ideas?

We are using what we can of the 8th grade plans with our 10th grader. He did the 7th grade last year, and it was a great fit for him. I know everyone has been working hard to get the 8th grade plans done, but I need something to use for Christian Studies after Wars of the Jews. That is a short little study guide.

Thanks.
    4 boys
    5th: MP Core 4 with MUS Epsilon
    7th: MP 7th MUS Pre-Algebra
    11th: This year seems like a mess now that he has done all of the MP cores.
    College Freshman at Maine Maritime Academy: started MP courses way back in 5th grade
    All: MP co-op on Wednesday

Well, here's where we are with 8th grade Christian Studies. It didn't get completed like I had hoped this summer, so we are struggling. We found a beautiful solution in David Bentley Hart's book, The Story of Christianity. We were working on lesson plans for that book and then found out it recently went out of print. But we like it so much that I contacted the publisher, and they informed me that they are reprinting it - but not until Aug. 2015. So, I am going forward with lesson plans for reading through the book during the 8th grade year, and if you would like those plans, I'll be glad for you to have them, but you will need to find a book online (and there are some used ones that are affordable). There are two versions of it - the fully-illustrated one (which is beautiful) and a paperback that is not illustrated but retains the text. Either would do, but the illustrated one is the one I would choose. The ISBN is 978-1847248459. The ISBN for the paperback is 978-1780877525. I need a couple of weeks to get the lesson plans done, and if you want them, you can email me.

In the meantime, we are continuing to work on the Inter-Testamental period guide and the guide on the Book of Acts. And I have a new guide on The Early Church by Chadwick coming out this winter. So, we are continuing to move forward.

Regards,

Tanya
    [email protected]

Comment

Wow! Thank you.

Tanya,

I will send an email in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime I did find the illustrated book. It will be perfect for our needs as we study Rome and The Middle Ages this year. Thank you for taking the time to respond with such a detailed answer.

Wendy
      4 boys
      5th: MP Core 4 with MUS Epsilon
      7th: MP 7th MUS Pre-Algebra
      11th: This year seems like a mess now that he has done all of the MP cores.
      College Freshman at Maine Maritime Academy: started MP courses way back in 5th grade
      All: MP co-op on Wednesday

Comment

Working...
      X