Half speed third grade plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half speed third grade plans?

I'm just wondering if there is a planned release date?
    Homeschooling since the dark ages of 2001

14 yo son- MP 8th grade
    Four graduates (20,23,25,27)

Hello.

The 3rd grade slower plans are available now on our website here: http://www.memoriapress.com/curriculum/classical-core-curriculum/third-grade-curriculum

If you already bought the 3rd grade plans and want them replaced with the new plans, just email sales@memoriapress.com with your shipping address, and we'll be glad to send them to you at no charge.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Perfect. I just emailed for the new plans. Is Homer Price going to be in the new 4th grade? How about the Blue fairy book?

Thanks again!

Jen

14 yo son- MP 8th grade

Comment

Ok- last questions:

Do you have a list of American Study books? I see Lief the lucky in week 1.
        Do you have a list of the science books for the mammal study?

I'm just trying to get everything ordered before we start.

14 yo son- MP 8th grade

Comment

Jen,

The new 4th grade lit. is going to be: Cricket in Times Square, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Homer Price, The Blue Fairy Book, and Paddington Bear. I hope we can get all this in. I haven't tried to lesson plan it yet!

I can't attach the list of American history books because the file is too large, but if you send me an email, I'll reply it to you! For science, we are using The World of Animals and a little book called What Is a Mammal? right now. Science is the subject that isn't really developed yet, so we need to work on a mammals study guide this winter. Right now, we are just reading the books!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Will something else replace Mr. Popper's Penguins in 2nd grade if it is moving to 4th?

When will the lit guide be available for the 4th grade version?

Thanks!
            Elizabeth

Comment

Will Memoria press be selling the package of books for the new third grade American studies? I am having trouble finding most of the landmark books at my library. Part of the problem is I can't find authors listed in the guide I just received and there are even multiple landmark books for some of the presidents. Can these be substituted or are they harder/longer/less interesting? I think several of the recommended titles were in my sonlight core d, but I loaned it to a friend thinking I didn't need it this year. I thought we would be doing the regular third grade so I am trying to get the rest of this new stuff together quickly without spending a fortune.

Oh, and does anyone have a recommendation for replacing farmer boy? We did that this last year. We were going to substitute with homer price, but it sounds like it will be in fourth.

Thanks!

Dorinda
              Dorinda

For 2020-2021
              DD 17-12th with MPOA(Classical Studies 3), CLRC (Latin 6, Greek 5), Thinkwell (Calculus and Chemistry), Vita Beata (Divine Comedy), American History
              DS 15-9th with Lukeion(Latin 1 and Greek 1), Vita Beata (9th Literature)
              DS 12-7th with Right Start Level H online class, Vita Beata (6th Literature)
              DS 6 - 2nd blazing our own trail with Right Start D and a mix of MP materials

Comment

Elizabeth,

We are beginning the 2nd grade year with a slower pace, using Animal Folktales of America (published by Sterling) and Prairie School (a level 4 I Can Read book). Then, we will move to Sarah Noble, Little House in the Big Woods, and Beatrix Potter. After talking to many teachers and homeschoolers, it seems the difficulty in 2nd grade is that transition to chapter books that seem overwhelming to early readers, so even though Sarah Noble isn't a difficult read, it is a scary-looking book to some students and not a gentle beginning to a new school year. In the same vein, moving Little House in the Big Woods later in the year puts off that even larger transition to a really big chapter book!

I have the study guides for Animal Folktales and Prairie School almost ready to go. And I have the new lesson plans done. So, if you are looking for a slower approach to 2nd grade, I can get you in-house printed copies of the guides by the end of next week.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Dorinda,

I am attaching a list with the ISBNs on it. The Landmark books that are different from the ones on our list are bigger and more difficult. We chose books that we felt sure 3rd grade students could read independently.

Tanya
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! It is good to know that about the other landmark titles. It is so hard to tell sight unseen.

Dorinda
                    Dorinda

For 2020-2021
                    DD 17-12th with MPOA(Classical Studies 3), CLRC (Latin 6, Greek 5), Thinkwell (Calculus and Chemistry), Vita Beata (Divine Comedy), American History
                    DS 15-9th with Lukeion(Latin 1 and Greek 1), Vita Beata (9th Literature)
                    DS 12-7th with Right Start Level H online class, Vita Beata (6th Literature)
                    DS 6 - 2nd blazing our own trail with Right Start D and a mix of MP materials

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                      Elizabeth,

We are beginning the 2nd grade year with a slower pace, using Animal Folktales of America (published by Sterling) and Prairie School (a level 4 I Can Read book). Then, we will move to Sarah Noble, Little House in the Big Woods, and Beatrix Potter. After talking to many teachers and homeschoolers, it seems the difficulty in 2nd grade is that transition to chapter books that seem overwhelming to early readers, so even though Sarah Noble isn't a difficult read, it is a scary-looking book to some students and not a gentle beginning to a new school year. In the same vein, moving Little House in the Big Woods later in the year puts off that even larger transition to a really big chapter book!

I have the study guides for Animal Folktales and Prairie School almost ready to go. And I have the new lesson plans done. So, if you are looking for a slower approach to 2nd grade, I can get you in-house printed copies of the guides by the end of next week.

Regards,

Tanya
                      Thank you, Tanya! This is great information. We've delayed starting 2nd because my son isn't ready to jump into Sarah Noble but the new plan sounds like it might be a good option. Should I contact you directly or the sales office?

Best,
                      Elizabeth

Comment

Elizabeth,

You can just email me, and I'll let you know when they are ready for pick-up!

Tanya
                        tanya@memoriapress.com

Comment

Working...
                        X