No announcement yet.

Confused about literature for 7th - we've already done Treasure Island in 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about literature for 7th - we've already done Treasure Island in 6th

I have two lesson plan books:
    1) begins with Treasure Island
    front page of lesson plan book lists Poetry, Rod and staff grade 7 wind in willows, robinson crusoe as you like it and midsummer night's dream (forgive lack of caps there)
    and
    2) begins with Poetry/Short Stories , read intro to American Authors and Introduction to Poetry.
    (very confusing! will definitely need help understanding assignments if I'm to use this version)
    front page of lesson plan book lists Poetry, Rod and Staff 8th grade, Wind in Willows, Treasure Island anyway, As You Like It, Tom Sawyer, Bard of Avon

I think the most recent guide is the one with Treasure Island in week one but we read that in 6th grade.

Is there a option 3? Lol.

Hello.

The lesson plans with Treasure Island are the new ones. The reason for the change is that our 6th grade teachers couldn't get it done, so we moved it up to 7th. Also, we felt Robinson Crusoe was too difficult for 7th grade, so we moved it out.

I commend you for getting through all the 6th grade books, including Treasure Island! But it does leave you with a hole. My suggestion would be that you spend that time with the poetry and short stories. We have scheduled all the poetry and stories into the new lesson plans, but you will have to race in order to get it done. That study guide is thorough and requires lots of introspection and writing.

Sorry for the confusion!

Tanya

Comment

Given that we are spending more time in poetry, should I just keep the old lesson plans then? The ones that start with poetry?

Comment

Actually, I think our scheduling is better with the new plans. I'd just go past Treasure Island and start there.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X