Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Christian Writings/History of the Church

Hello,

I am wondering if there are lesson plans for the Church History course which uses the texts Eusebius and Early Christian Writings. Is this a course for eighth grade?

Thank you.

Hello.

Early Church Writings and Eusebius are in our 9th grade, and we don't have lesson plans for them yet. We are in the process of having the guides written for these books, and we will complete lesson plans after that.

Tanya

Comment

I thought this was going to be a part of 8th grade

On the preview of the 8th grade plans these were listed with War of the Jews. What else will be in 8th grade Christian Studies?
      4 boys
      5th: MP Core 4 with MUS Epsilon
      7th: MP 7th MUS Pre-Algebra
      11th: This year seems like a mess now that he has done all of the MP cores.
      College Freshman at Maine Maritime Academy: started MP courses way back in 5th grade
      All: MP co-op on Wednesday

Comment

You are correct. We moved them up because they were too difficult for 8th graders at HLS. So, for 8th grade, we are doing the Book of Acts (study guide in process), Wars of the Jews, and the Inter-Testamental period, for which we don't have a guide yet. We have a teacher writing a reader for this course along with a guide, and I'm afraid they won't be completed by fall. That is the one big hole in completing the 8th grade package, and I'm worried about it. I also have a teacher working on guides for Eusebius, The Early Church, and Early Christian Writings, so it one of these is complete, maybe we can move it to the end of 8th grade. This project didn't go as quickly as I anticipated.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you.
          4 boys
          5th: MP Core 4 with MUS Epsilon
          7th: MP 7th MUS Pre-Algebra
          11th: This year seems like a mess now that he has done all of the MP cores.
          College Freshman at Maine Maritime Academy: started MP courses way back in 5th grade
          All: MP co-op on Wednesday

Comment

Working...
          X