7th Grade Core with addition of Elementary Greek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th Grade Core with addition of Elementary Greek

My eldest is very bright and self-directed in her studies. She has completed MP cores 5 and 6 over the last two years, has finished first and second for Latin with excellent mastery, and has completed the Greek Alphabet book. She is ready to start core 7 in the fall, and I am planning to add Elementary Greek to her lesson plans.

Is this a doable work load? I would love to hear from those that have completed core 7 and thoughts on the additional time commitment required for Elementary Greek Year One.

Thanks!

Anastasia

Daughter - rising MP7
    Son - rising MP3
    Son - rising MP1
    Daughter - rising MPPreK
    Son - 2yo

We have completed core 6 and I am excited about beginning the 7th grade materials in just a few weeks. I see no reason you wouldn't have success given your experience.

If she has mastered her latin work I think adding in greek is an excellent idea. She sounds like an intelligent young lady.

We did MP online first form and are signed up for second form. She is also doing the high school writing, level 2. I have heard that quickly jumps up in intensity and hope it is a good challenge for her, and not an overwhelming one. I debated having her do the middle school new science class online, it looks fantastic, but I couldn't talk her into it. Maybe next year???

Looks like we'll be teaching the same things, if you ever want to compare notes just give a shout. I am slightly nervous about "teaching" Homer. We'll definitely be learning it together.
    Stephanie

Comment

Hi Ladies! My eighth grader will be doing the seventh grade classical/Christian portion....so we will be in the thick of it too....yay! We can compare as we go!

And I agree...seems like much the same as we will do...have solid Latin going, but she wants to do French too...so this may not be the child to get my Greek experience started....but next one will be on board.

Blessings....
      AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
      DS, 16
      DD, 14
      DD, 12
      DD, 10
      DD, 8
      DD, 6
      +DS+
      DS, 2

Comment

This is exactly what we do at HLS - add Greek in the 7th-8th grade years, so it is totally doable with a motivated student. And it sounds like you have a good student!

Tanya

Comment

Okay. Thanks for the input. We will go for it.

Comment

Working...
          X