Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mamabearjd
    replied
    Jennifer, thank you - I think I will watch the videos myself at the beginning. That is good advice.

Tanya, you have been so helpful every time I ask for advice on grouping my kids. Thank you!
    Michelle

Leave a comment:

• jenniferjb
    replied
    I just wanted to chime in to say that I too was intimidated by Classical Composition at the beginning. We started with the DVDs, but found that for us, it worked better for me to watch the video, and then go through the lesson with dd. After a few lessons, we went back to her watching the DVD and working more independently. After that, I found it quite easy to manage. The outline was the hardest part for her to do on her own, so we worked on that part together for some time, gradually increasing the amount she had to complete on her own.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    I'd leave them together, just because that will make your life easier! There isn't that much difference between the Fable and Narrative, but it does start getting more complicated when you hit the later Stages, so slow is better anyway. Your 6th grader still has plenty of years left to write. And if you feel the Fable Stage isn't challenging enough after half a year, there is plenty of other writing throughout our curriculum, so you can pick up extra writing projects in classical studies, literature, Christian studies, etc.

Regards,

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• mamabearjd
    started a topic Classical Composition help

Classical Composition help

I am just starting Classical Composition with my 6th and 4th grader. I have the videos for the Fable level and am starting them together. As my 6th grader progresses, would it be preferable to move her on to the next level, maybe mid way through the year? Would it hold her back too much to have them working at the same level? I usually have no problems teaching but I've consistently been intimidated by CC, and really want to implement this program this year. Thanks for any suggestions!
Working...
X