4th-6th grade read alouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th-6th grade read alouds

Hi! We are new to Memoria press and I am so excited about using the curriculum. I have a question about the 4th - 6th grade read aloud enrichment books: is there an enrichment guide as there is with the younger grades?

Thank you!

Welcome!
    As far as I know there are no enrichment guides planned for the 3rd and up read-aloud selections. They really stand on their own as great whole-family classics. In third grade they are scheduled in the Lesson Plans but in higher grades there is simply a list for you to choose from through the year. It's really to keep you on top of the discipline of reading aloud to your kids, even after they can read for themselves. We are finishing up the fourth grade books this summer. We read them all together or listen to them in the car on CDs. You are going to love revisiting them as an adult and they will be a delight to your kids!
    Warmly,
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
    DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
    DD 7th • HLN & Home
    DS 4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; Memoria College

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
    Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Pickandgrin is correct. Since our science, history, and culture learning is tied to our read-aloud books in K-2, we thought a specific enrichment guide that draws those elements out would be helpful.

Reading aloud in 3rd grade and up is teaching enjoyment of literature, auditory learning, and comprehension--as well as giving the children a good example of oral reading. Since they have separate science, history, and geography subjects, we felt like an enrichment guide is not necessary.

Paul
      Paul Schaeffer
      --
      Academy Director
      Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

I understand the reasoning for no guide in 3rd and above, but I do like that the books are scheduled into the third grade plans. It would be lovely to have that in 4th to 6th for a reminder on how much to read to fit in all in and to have everything in one place. Also, it would be great to have a page in the back of the guide with background information on the book and references we might be likely to miss or not understand. Thanks for all the great products! We are excited to get started on our core packages this fall.

Dorinda
        Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
        15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
        DD College Freshman
        DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
        DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
        DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
          Pickandgrin is correct. Since our science, history, and culture learning is tied to our read-aloud books in K-2, we thought a specific enrichment guide that draws those elements out would be helpful.

Reading aloud in 3rd grade and up is teaching enjoyment of literature, auditory learning, and comprehension--as well as giving the children a good example of oral reading. Since they have separate science, history, and geography subjects, we felt like an enrichment guide is not necessary.

Paul
          Thank you! That makes sense and is very helpful. My daughter loves to be read to so this will fit in very well and I love the book lists!

Comment

Working...
          X