Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slower Paced Third Grade Plans?

Tanya and the staff,

Do we have a sneak peek at the slower paced third grade plans? My husband and I are waffling (well, not really. I'm waffling, he thinks I'm worrying too much) with our plans for the fall for Rachel. We're prayerfully considering the Cottage School at HLS, but I'm trying to get a handle on what the rest of the core would/could look like for her.

Thanks so much!
    Dianna
    Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
    DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
    DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
    DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
    DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
    DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Hi, Dianna.

Sorry I haven't answered your previous post. I have been trying to get some final decisions made for you. I am attaching a sample lesson plan here. The only subjects I don't have complete are States & Capitals and Science. Latin, Greek Mythology, and Christian Studies are all at a half-pace (2 weeks per lesson). Spelling is the new Spelling Workout program, which is less work than R&S Spelling was. Literature, NAC3, and Math have remained at grade level. Intro. to Composition stays with the literature, so it is unchanged. I talked with one of our 3rd grade teachers about science and States & Capitals this week. She feels that Astronomy is difficult for the 3rd graders, so I think we are going to move that up to the new 4th grade and add a new science. I am looking at the Christian Liberty Nature Reader 3, Usborne's Complete First Book of Nature, and a couple of other things for this year. She also said that States & Capitals is difficult because of the spelling of the cities and states. So, I thought I would take 2 years to get through that so that students only have to learn 4 regions a year. I will intersperse some American history Landmark biographies throughout the 2 years also to fill it out a little. So, once I make a science decision and get States & Capitals rearranged, it will be completely finished!

I can't get the sample uploaded on here because it is too large. I'll email it to you.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hi, Dianna.

Sorry I haven't answered your previous post. I have been trying to get some final decisions made for you. I am attaching a sample lesson plan here. The only subjects I don't have complete are States & Capitals and Science. Latin, Greek Mythology, and Christian Studies are all at a half-pace (2 weeks per lesson). Spelling is the new Spelling Workout program, which is less work than R&S Spelling was. Literature, NAC3, and Math have remained at grade level. Intro. to Composition stays with the literature, so it is unchanged. I talked with one of our 3rd grade teachers about science and States & Capitals this week. She feels that Astronomy is difficult for the 3rd graders, so I think we are going to move that up to the new 4th grade and add a new science. I am looking at the Christian Liberty Nature Reader 3, Usborne's Complete First Book of Nature, and a couple of other things for this year. She also said that States & Capitals is difficult because of the spelling of the cities and states. So, I thought I would take 2 years to get through that so that students only have to learn 4 regions a year. I will intersperse some American history Landmark biographies throughout the 2 years also to fill it out a little. So, once I make a science decision and get States & Capitals rearranged, it will be completely finished!

I can't get the sample uploaded on here because it is too large. I'll email it to you.

Tanya
      You are awesome. Once again, I appreciate MPs commitment to truly making things appropriate for the students/families. Looking forward to another great, great year.
      Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
      DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
      DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
      DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
      DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
      DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

OK now I am seriously drooling! I cannot even begin to imagine how busy you must be right now but is there an ETD yet for the new grade 3? It sounds utterly perfect for G and D.
        The Homeschool Grads:
        J- 6/96
        S- 11/98

Homeschooling:
        G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
        D- 5/05
        F- 7/08 (my only girl)

New Homeschooler:
        M- 9/16: JrK

Comment

Give us a couple weeks and we should be done with it! At least that's the plan...

Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Forgot what I was going to say.
            Last edited by Enigma; 06-27-2014, 10:00 PM.
            The Homeschool Grads:
            J- 6/96
            S- 11/98

Homeschooling:
            G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
            D- 5/05
            F- 7/08 (my only girl)

New Homeschooler:
            M- 9/16: JrK

Comment

Working...
            X