English Grammar Recitation Workbook 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Grammar Recitation Workbook 3

We are finishing our second school year using MP core packages for my three oldest children (now rising 7th, 3rd and 1st graders). My fourth child will also begin JrK this fall.

I am beyond thrilled with the curriculum. The quality and depth of the materials make structuring a Latin centered curriculum possible for a mother with no Latin background whatsoever. I find the lesson plans to be invaluable in setting an appropriate pace for our academic endeavors. Running three grades simultaneously has been absolutely doable and worthwhile.

My rising 7th grader will start 3rd Form Latin in the fall, and I had planned to have her continue the English Grammar Recitation with the third book in the series. I was just putting together my order, and realized that book three is not yet available. Is there any chance it will be out by the fall of 2014 even in beta form? If not, is Rod and Staff 8 an okay place to jump into that series?

Hello.

We will have EGR Book 3 out by the end of the summer. It is at the copy editor's now. If you want to start before then, we are making 7th-8th grade lesson plans for R&S English 8, taking 2 years to go through the book, so that will be available too.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thanks, Tanya! That is great news. Is there any advantage to doing Rod and Staff English over two years rather than continuing with the EGR books? I am inclined to stick with EGR 3, but want to weigh all options. She will be doing Classical Composition as well.

Comment

No advantage in doing one course over another one. It is just a matter of personal preference. We are still looking to Latin for the foundation of English grammar, so this is all supplemental to that anyway.

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X