For Texans - Any Texas History Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Texans - Any Texas History Advice?

We just wrapped our year and I feel I can't rest until next year is ready!

We use SOTW as our history spine because I group multiple ages together for History. The older children do the MP Classical Studies/History also, but according to the sequence we are working on. This year I feel I should add in Texas History - can anyone recommend a supplement? I do not want a lapbook study. I am thinking of some basic notebooking, but I would love any advice!

Michelle
    Michelle

2017-2018
    9th grade MPOA diploma program
    7th grade MP materials (mostly 7A/8 track, a mix because we have grouped subjects with sibs in the past)
    4th grade MP core (thinking about grading up to 4A this summer)
    2nd grade MP core
    3 year old who reminds us to play and snuggle
    Veritas et Fides

Texas history resource

We aren't quite ready to start, so I just have this bookmarked for now but thought it might help you...
    http://www.classichousewife.com/2012/08/09/ultimate-guide-to-texas-history-homeschool-curriculum/

Notebooking is a great idea for this too!

Comment

I have that link bookmarked too - what a great list of resources! I am really interested in discovertexasonline but feel it is just too expensive, though I would love to have everything in one place. I plan to add Texas history events to our timeline as we go, instead of teaching a stand alone course, as they do in TX schools.
      Michelle

2017-2018
      9th grade MPOA diploma program
      7th grade MP materials (mostly 7A/8 track, a mix because we have grouped subjects with sibs in the past)
      4th grade MP core (thinking about grading up to 4A this summer)
      2nd grade MP core
      3 year old who reminds us to play and snuggle
      Veritas et Fides

Comment

Texas

Thank you so much for this information. Surprisingly, our library does not have a good selection of books on Texas history for children. I should probably cover some of this before they start getting weird looks from their friends. I studied Louisiana history in eighth grade. If you didn't know the answer, Iberville or Bienville was a good guess. What we need is a Famous Men of Texas.
        Blessings,
        Jude

dd 17
        ds 14 (special needs)
        ds 11
        ds 9
        dd 7
        ds 4
        dd 2

Comment

Working...
        X