Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Grade Enrichment Guide

Hi,

I would just like to know if there will be a third grade enrichment guide for the read-aloud picture books. We have enjoyed the other grades and would like to contiue.

Thank you,

Laura

Laura,

We are not planning on doing an enrichment guide for Third Grade and up. Our teachers don't have more than 15 minutes a day to read aloud to their students so we can't delve too deeply into those books. Your children will get plenty out of the read aloud books by just hearing them and talking about them casually.

The science, history, and culture that is taught in those enrichment guides in K-2 is covered in Third Grade and up in their science and classical studies classes.

Enjoy your day,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
      Laura,

We are not planning on doing an enrichment guide for Third Grade and up. Our teachers don't have more than 15 minutes a day to read aloud to their students so we can't delve too deeply into those books. Your children will get plenty out of the read aloud books by just hearing them and talking about them casually.

The science, history, and culture that is taught in those enrichment guides in K-2 is covered in Third Grade and up in their science and classical studies classes.

Enjoy your day,
      Paul
      I just received the summer catalog and I noticed the 2nd grade enrichment guide has disappeared, and it is also gone from the site. What happened?

Comment

Hello.

The 2nd grade enrichment guide has never existed yet. We are completing it this summer!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

There was a second grade enrichment guide listed on line (at least on the individual lesson plans page) which was a simple reprint of the read-aloud titles by week with the music, art, and optional science/social studies titles inserted. That "guide" had no additional notes or suggestions. It was more like a reading guide for the read aloud titles.

I think the word "enrichment" was being used twice to mean two different things.

Jen
          DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 12 yrs, currently attending a classical school which would give HLS a run for its money.

All homeschooled.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling. Ahhh....

Comment

Right. That is the Second Grade Enrichment Lesson Plans. It is taken directly from the Second Grade Curriculum Guide and can be purchased here: http://www.memoriapress.com/curriculum/individual-lesson-plans-subject?field_subject_tid=382

The Second Grade Enrichment Guide is coming by the end of the summer!

Thanks for the clarification.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
            X