LC 2 not done in 4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LC 2 not done in 4th?

Is there a reason why LC2 is not done in 4th? Is it similar to FFL?
    Karen
    Mom to DD-13 and DD-8.5
    3rd and 8th grade (2014-2015)

I'm just a parent, but I have used MP Latin for years so here is my take. LC 1 and 2 were MP's original Latin programs and then students moved to Henley 1. MP saw the need for a comprehensive middle school Latin curriculum and created the Forms. First Form is a beginning Latin program that is far superior to Latina Christiana. There is no need to do LC 2 as the material is covered in First Form in a much better format. Technically a mature enough student can start with First Form. LC1 is still used as a slower, gentle introduction to Latin, but after that year the student is ready for First Form.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 26, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 24, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 22, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 20, Physics major
    DD, 17, dyslexic, 11th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 13, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 8A
    DD, 7 , 1ST Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post
      I'm just a parent, but I have used MP Latin for years so here is my take. LC 1 and 2 were MP's original Latin programs and then students moved to Henley 1. MP saw the need for a comprehensive middle school Latin curriculum and created the Forms. First Form is a beginning Latin program that is far superior to Latina Christiana. There is no need to do LC 2 as the material is covered in First Form in a much better format. Technically a mature enough student can start with First Form. LC1 is still used as a slower, gentle introduction to Latin, but after that year the student is ready for First Form.
      That makes sense. Thank you for explaining.
      Karen
      Mom to DD-13 and DD-8.5

Comment

Hello.

We have found that many people hit a wall in the middle of LCII when they get to the chapters on principal parts. That doesn't happen with First Form Latin. First Form is ordered in a way that makes it easier for students to understand how principal parts work. LCII is still a popular Latin program for us because many schools have been using it for years and have teachers who are used to teaching it. But for homeschoolers, we feel that First Form Latin is a better choice and will aid in your understanding of Latin by providing more comprehensive teaching guidelines, more practice problems aiding in mastery, and a teaching order that helps students grasp the more difficult concepts easily.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Yes it does. Thank you.
          Karen
          Mom to DD-13 and DD-8.5

Comment

Working...
          X