Which Latin for Mommy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Latin for Mommy?

I will be using Prima Latina with my dd6 in the fall and would love to prepare myself for this exciting venture by working through an introductory Latin program. Do I start with LC or FFL?
    Heather

DD 9, MP 4A
    DD 6, MP 2
    DS 4 & DS 4--going to Pre-K three mornings/week
    DS 1

I'm just learning along with my kids. I watch all the DVDs with them and get a separate workbook to complete myself. My oldest is finishing up LC1 and I'm having to work a bit on memory for the vocabulary to keep up with him, but I've not needed to be ahead so far. I plan to go with him as much as I can since we're doing Latin for the long-haul and there are three others coming up after him. I have the added benefit of PL going on in the house again this year with really helps with review. It helps me see the value of the one-room schoolhouse: everyone was always hearing everything they'd ever learned, aloud, daily and the little ones heard things for years that they'd learn in the future. Genius!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
    10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
    7th • HLN & Home
    4th • HLN & Home
    Me: Third Form Summer Intensive MPOA

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

I do the same as pickandgrin. I'm looking forward to FF1 next year.
      Courtney
      Mom to 5 boys-14,13,10,8,5 and the girls- 3 and 1

Comment

First Form, definitely. I had used a dozen Latin curricula (including LC I more than a decade ago), but it wasn't until I sprung for FF that every piece of Latin I had ever seen fell perfectly into place. I've gone through it 3 times now and it's the absolute best "mastery based" Latin curriculum available in today's homeschool market.

Honestly, I wish MP would revise LC I *to* make it better and more cohesive. Looking at it now, it's actually rather "random".

Jen
        DS, 28 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace)

DS, 26 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 23 yrs, graduated from The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC; 2nd grade teacher.

DS, 13 yrs, 9th grade; attends a private classical school, 7th - 12th.

All homeschooled for some/all of their K-12 education.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling, now a high school chemistry teacher at a large Catholic high school

Comment

Working...
        X