English Grammar Recitation - Order of Helping Verbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Grammar Recitation - Order of Helping Verbs

Is is important to be able to recite lists in the order they are given in the English Grammar Recitation book? Specifically, my Gr. 3 student has already memorized the list of helping verbs from First Language Lessons. The words are the same, but the order is different. Is the order related in any way to their use in the Latin programs or higher level English based on tense or person?

Thanks, Karen
    DD 25 - graduated, medical sonographer, married
    DD 23 - graduated, architectural technologist
    DS 21 - post-secondary (health sciences)
    DS 17 - Gr. 12, local high school
    DD 13 - core 8A and MP Online Academy
    (14 years with Memoria Press, Online Academy since beta days)

No help but had to add all my kids can do that chant from FLL still {even dd! Little stinker picked it up from listening in!}. Love it. And the pronoun song {sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star}. Ok, and the article song I made up.
    The Homeschool Grads:
    J- 6/96
    S- 11/98

Homeschooling:
    G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
    D- 5/05
    F- 7/08 (my only girl)

New Homeschooler:
    M- 9/16: JrK 5-Day

Comment

Originally posted by birdshop View Post
      Is is important to be able to recite lists in the order they are given in the English Grammar Recitation book? Specifically, my Gr. 3 student has already memorized the list of helping verbs from First Language Lessons. The words are the same, but the order is different. Is the order related in any way to their use in the Latin programs or higher level English based on tense or person?

Thanks, Karen
      No, the order is not important

Comment

Working...
      X