Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when to start prima latina

Hi,
    I was hoping to get some input on when to start Prima Latina. Next school year my children will be 3rd grade, 1st grade, and 4 years. In order to keep myself sane I teach all children the same history and science. Do you think it would be possible to do the same with Prima Latina? My will be 4 year old daughter is bright and interested in school-I suspect she will be doing some kindergarten work throughout the year. My other idea is to wait one more school year, until my littlest is in kindergarten, but then my oldest will be in 4th- is that too old for Prima Latina?

I hope these questions make sense! LOL Thanks for all your help!

Teach all of your Latin scholars together.

You can definitely do Prima Latina with all three of your kids at the same time. If your 1st grader can read well, he can move along at the same pace as your 4th grader. If he is still having difficulty in his reading, let him focus on just the memorization - vocabulary, sayings, hymns....

Regardless of their levels, be sure to have the older siblings help the younger ones. As you probably know, you really master a subject once you have to explain it to someone else.

With your 4 year old, just focus on learning the vocabulary and some of the sayings. She will also enjoy memorizing and singing the hymns. Beyond that, you will be surprised how much she will pick up just listening while the older kids do their Latin lessons. Once she can read well, you can go back and do the full Prima Latina lessons - already having a great head start!
    Brian Lowe
    www.MemoriaPress.com

Comment

Thank You!

Thank you very much for your input.

Comment

Working...
      X