Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFL Pronunciation

Hi,
    I've searched the forum for answers to my question, but couldn't find that it had been asked.

I am a bit unsure of the pronunciation of the 3rd person plural future stem ending -bunt. I know that on the DVD the instructor said that for memorizing for recitations that words are sometimes purposefully mispronounced to emphasize the ending. (At least I think that was the reason.) But I don't recall hearing it pronounced like I think it should be pronounced according to the pronunciation guidelines. Wouldn't the *u* be pronounced the same as it is in the 1st person plural endings: -mus, -bamus, and -bimus?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, in faithful ecclesiastical pronunciation, that "u" in "bunt" should have the "oo" sound like "-mus".

However, often English speakers pronounce it like "The baseball player 'bunt'ed" because it is more natural for them.

Have a great day,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
      Yes, in faithful ecclesiastical pronunciation, that "u" in "bunt" should have the "oo" sound like "-mus".

However, often English speakers pronounce it like "The baseball player 'bunt'ed" because it is more natural for them.

Have a great day,
      Paul
      Thanks for such a quick reply!

Comment

Working...
      X