Kindergarten Lesson Plan Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindergarten Lesson Plan Question

We are beginning Kindergarten next week. As I have been preparing I noticed that in week one the Rod and Staff Lesson 1 is listed twice during the week and Practice sheet Ls. 1 is also listed twice. Just wondering if this is a mistake or if we just do the same lesson again? Thanks!

We did the lesson on the first day and the follow up on the second listing. In future weeks it's a lesson on Monday and the next on Wednesday. I took this to be an easing into it before speeding up.
    Margaret of GA, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife & Mama

Trekking along at a student self-pace...
    DD Summer 2009 · 7th
    DD Summer 2011 · SC
    DS Summer 2014 · 2nd
    DD Summer 2017 · Preschool/SC
    DS Autumn 2019 • Tot-preschool
    MP, Seton, Sonlight, Beau. Feet, Notgrass, IEW, Saxon

Memoria Scholé Academy 2011-2022
    Blog: Creative Madness Mama
    @ CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

I think that should only be there once. All the other weeks have it in the Copybook area of the lesson plans. I'm not sure what is going on here. I think it's a mistake!

Tanya

Comment

Week 1 Monday & Wednesday say Arithmetic 1: Lesson 1

Monday says to get familiar with the teaching intro in Arithmetic 1. Wednesday says nothing else but A1:L1 (not abbreviated in plans, just me).

This is the same in both the full K plans and the individual Math 3rd edition plans.

Week 2 and following (we're on Week 5) say Lesson 2 on Monday and Lesson 3 on Wednesday and continuing as such in the following and following. That is why I assumed that it was a slow intro then to pick up speed and depth. We treated it as such.
        Margaret of GA, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife & Mama

Trekking along at a student self-pace...
        DD Summer 2009 · 7th
        DD Summer 2011 · SC
        DS Summer 2014 · 2nd
        DD Summer 2017 · Preschool/SC
        DS Autumn 2019 • Tot-preschool
        MP, Seton, Sonlight, Beau. Feet, Notgrass, IEW, Saxon

Memoria Scholé Academy 2011-2022
        Blog: Creative Madness Mama
        @ CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

You are right about the slower pace in the first week of kindergarten. But I think that the Writing Practice sheet #1 being in both Math and Copybook on the same day is a mistake. I don't think you need to fill that in twice.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X