If I use the DVDs as my primary instructional method for Prima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I use the DVDs as my primary instructional method for Prima

If I am planning to use the DVDs for Prima Latina (to free myself up a bit) what would a typical weekly schedule look like? I didn't see this in the Prima Latina teacher guide, or maybe I am missing it.
    Thanks for your help.
    Lori
    Lori (wife, mother and educator to four children--second grade, first grade, junior K, and age 3)
    "To whom much is given, much more will be required." Luke 12:48b

Lori,

We do not have the dvds, but we do have the second grade lesson plans, so I can give you a breakdown of what our week looks like.

Mondays is for the new lesson, so we go over that, and then she has to write her new vocabulary words one time in her notebook.

Tuesday, we go over the lesson again, and add in learning the derivatives. Then she writes her words again.

Wednesday, we review the lesson and do one exercise page.

Thursday, we do the second exercise page and a page from the PL Copybook.

Friday, we review the lesson again, and write the vocab one last time.

In all, it usually takes us about 20 minutes, with the exception of Fridays which is more like ten, because it's just review.

Hth!
    AMDG,
    Sarah
    2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
    DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
    DS, 16
    DD, 14
    DD, 12
    DD, 10
    DD, 7.5
    DD, 5.5
    +DS+
    DS, 18 months

Comment

Lori,

For your situation the only thing that would need to be tweaked from Sarah's posted schedule is that you would watch the DVD Monday. Watching it three times in one week would be quite repetitive for the student, so on Tuesday and Wednesday you may just want to quickly review it with your child yourself.

Paul
      Paul Schaeffer
      --
      Director, Schools Division
      Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you for these responses which are quite helpful. If you use the CD, would that be used as the review of the lesson on Tuesday and Wednesday? With multiple children, I am quite honestly trying to make this as self-sufficient (as is possible for a second grader, if you know what I mean).
        Thanks!
        Lori
        Lori (wife, mother and educator to four children--second grade, first grade, junior K, and age 3)

Comment

That actually would be a great idea since it reviews the vocabulary and makes sure they pronounce it correctly. However, it would not review the lesson itself. The easiest way to make sure they understand the concepts is have them do the worksheet for the day and ask if they have any questions as they do it.

Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Director, Schools Division
          Memoria Press

Comment

Lori,
            We used the DVD on Monday, then they were supposed to listen to the CD (literally only a minute and a half maximum) on Tues, Wed, and Fri. I saved it to our iTunes and they would just start it up themselves and listen/pronounce. I am new to Latin and this weekly rhythm helped me as much as it helped them.
            HTH,
            Festina lentē,
            Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
            @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
            S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
            D · 8th
            D · 5th
            S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Thank you very much! This is helpful!

Comment

Working...
              X