5th grade grammar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th grade grammar

Any update on whether the MP Grammar 3 for the 5th grade will be ready in August? We're starting school the first week of Sept and I need to know if I should order R&S or if the new program will be ready. I sure hope it will be! If it won't be ready in August, can you tell us when it will be ready? I'm wondering if we could play catch-up later in the fall if we at least start with the recitation book in the meantime.
    Thanks!
    Mom to 5 boys, ages 10 down to 1

Hello.

We can have a beta version of the English Grammar Workbook III by the end of Aug. for you. But I'm wondering if you have completed Workbooks I and II. If not, I would recommend that you begin there. Workbook III assumes a knowledge of the rules taught in Workbook III. If you want to check with us toward the end of Aug., we'll be able to send you what we have for Workbook III so you can start your year!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

He has completed First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind, levels 1-4. I do have MP's grammar recitation book and it looks like it will be mostly review, but I'm nervous about skipping grammar altogether in 5th grade (although my husband thinks skipping grammar is fine because he'll be getting it in the Latin class). Do you think a 5th grader who is at this point should still do books 1 & 2? Should we even bother with book 3? I have Grammar 1 here for my 3rd grader and it would be way t0o easy for the 5th grader. (He has also done Latina Christiana I, First Form Latin, and will be taking Second Form Latin online this year.) What would you recommend? I was very impressed with the grammar that he learned in FFL last year - he was in Mrs. Gratto's class and he loved every minute of it!

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello.

We can have a beta version of the English Grammar Workbook III by the end of Aug. for you. But I'm wondering if you have completed Workbooks I and II. If not, I would recommend that you begin there. Workbook III assumes a knowledge of the rules taught in Workbook III. If you want to check with us toward the end of Aug., we'll be able to send you what we have for Workbook III so you can start your year!

Regards,

Tanya
      Last edited by Charlestonmom03; 07-29-2013, 01:27 PM. Reason: grammar error
      Mom to 5 boys, ages 10 down to 1

Comment

I agree with your husband that it isn't that important to be doing an intensive English grammar course while your son is studying Latin. However, since you have a 3rd grader doing EGR I, just have them both do it together. Obviously the 5th grader will see it as a review, but that is not a bad thing at all. If it turns out to be a piece of cake for him, you can have him do EGR II in the spring, poising him to do EGR III and IV next year.

Paul
        Paul Schaeffer
        --
        Director, Schools Division
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X