Teacher Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teacher Guides

I have purchased the Memoria Press curriculum for my 5th, 3rd, and 1st grader for next year. It will be great to have this curriculum for next year. I have a couple of questions regarding the curriculum:

Is it o.k. to use a different Math program other than the Rod and Staff?
    My older two used teaching textbooks last year and loved it, although I did have them do written math as well.
    Are the teacher guides an absolute necessity for Poetry/Grammar Recitation, Classical Studies?
    I have a teacher guide for Latin of course, but not the lit sets.
    Do they contain information other than the answers?

I will be happy to order them if it will enhance their experience with subject matter.
    Is there any way I can preview them in detail other than the sample pages on the website?
    Do any moms sell used teacher guides on this forum?

Thanks!
    Kim

Hi, Kim.

You can use another math program if you wish. Lots of people do. Just ignore that portion of your lesson plans.

The teacher guides aren't essential for poetry, classical studies, and literature, but they do have answers to the discussion questions and quizzes and tests in the back. You can preview them by purchasing them, and we have a 60 day return policy. I think you could get by easier without them for your 1st and 3rd grader, so maybe you would want to purchase a couple of them for your 5th grader and see what you think. The biggest advantage I have found with them (aside from the quizzes and tests written for me!) was that I didn't necessarily have to keep up with my older student. I could just look at his work alongside the teacher manual and know he was on the right track since he was working more independently than my younger student. If I didn't have the teacher, I would feel I had to read everything he did, and there came a time when that was too much for me to keep up with as his books became longer and more complicated!

Our forum is for guidance in using curriculum, homeschooling techniques, and other questions pertaining to homeschooling. There are other sites geared towards the sale of used books. Maybe someone on this forum can point you to those. I am unfamiliar with them myself.

Welcome aboard! Let us know if we can help you through the year as you explore our curriculum with your students!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

thank you

You can use another math program if you wish. Lots of people do. Just ignore that portion of your lesson plans.

The teacher guides aren't essential for poetry, classical studies, and literature, but they do have answers to the discussion questions and quizzes and tests in the back. You can preview them by purchasing them, and we have a 60 day return policy. I think you could get by easier without them for your 1st and 3rd grader, so maybe you would want to purchase a couple of them for your 5th grader and see what you think. The biggest advantage I have found with them (aside from the quizzes and tests written for me!) was that I didn't necessarily have to keep up with my older student. I could just look at his work alongside the teacher manual and know he was on the right track since he was working more independently than my younger student. If I didn't have the teacher, I would feel I had to read everything he did, and there came a time when that was too much for me to keep up with as his books became longer and more complicated!

Our forum is for guidance in using curriculum, homeschooling techniques, and other questions pertaining to homeschooling. There are other sites geared towards the sale of used books. Maybe someone on this forum can point you to those. I am unfamiliar with them myself.

Welcome aboard! Let us know if we can help you through the year as you explore our curriculum with your students!

Regards,

Tanya[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thank you

Dear Tanya,

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough answers to my questions. This is such a great company!

Kim

Comment

Working...
        X