Kindergarten math curriculum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindergarten math curriculum question

When the lesson plans say "Arithmetic: Lesson _ ", what exactly does that mean? I am guessing it is at least the class work session and the corresponding pages in the student workbook. Does it also include the follow up drill and practice sheets or are those activities scheduled separately? I see that some days have practice sheets scheduled.

Hello.

It means that you teach that lesson and complete the workbook for the lesson. We have scheduled the practice sheets separately because we don't always do them. We have assigned the ones we feel are necessary for students to practice. You can use your judgment on how many of these extra worksheets your student needs to do. The other thing we don't do that is scheduled in the teacher manual is the timed drills.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Hyjacking....which version of R&S 1 Math do the plans have scheduled, 2nd or 3rd edition?
      The Homeschool Grads:
      J- 6/96
      S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
      G- 4/04
      D- 5/05
      F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
      M- 9/16

Comment

Re: Enigma

I'm thinking the one I have is the older version b/c the page #s do not match up on practice sheets. My lesson plans are pre-music changes for three weeks. I don't have it right in front of me but I remember it listed practice sheet #300-something for lesson "x" and it is actually pg 12. But... I haven't gone through every one yet.

My R&S materials are the latest version.
        Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020/-2021 · Homeschooling since 2011.
        Trekking along at a student self-pace...
        DD Summer 2009 · 5th/6th + BS3&4
        DD Summer 2011 · SC4/SC5*6 + BS3&4
        DS Summer 2014 · K/SC2 + SL P + K
        DD Summer 2017 · Pre + SL T
        DS Autumn 2019 • Baby

Memoria Scholé Academy
        Blog: Creative Madness Mama
        @ CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

We actually have both sets of plans, so you can get either edition planned out for you.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
          X