Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music and Art Selections for Second Grade

Hi all,

I tried to see if this question had already been answered, and it had (to a certain extent), a while back. Still, I am not sure that the answer meshes with what I am seeing, so here goes...

I just received the second grade curriculum guide and am going through the music list to try to make sure I have all of the selections. It seems as though a large portion of the music selections were on the first grade list as well; is this intentional? If so, what is the rationale for repeating? Also noticed that many of the art selection are not the same as the works given in the Art Card package supplied. Is there an updated curriculum guide?

Thanks!
    Elisabeth

Hi, Elisabeth.

You are right about the music pieces. They were the same last year for 1st and 2nd grades because we figured it would be good for both grades to do the same music since it was the first year for everyone using those packages. But we have just updated our 2nd grade list, and I am going to attach the new list for you here.

Sorry for the confusion!

Tanya
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tanya; 07-05-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Tanya,

What about the art cards? The list doesn't match the cards... ;-)

Elisabeth

Comment

The art selections listed in the lesson plans should have been updated to reflect the art cards. Here is the updated selection from the appendix. Sorry for the confusion!

Paul
        Attached Files
        Paul Schaeffer
        --
        Academy Director
        Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Lesson Plans updated?

Thanks for these Tanya and Paul. Have the second grade lesson plans been updated with these changes yet?
          Warmly,
          Jessica
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
          DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
          DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
          DD 7th • HLN & Home
          DS 4th • HLN & Home
          Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

They were just updated Tuesday at your instigation! Call us for an updated copy.

Paul
            Paul Schaeffer
            --
            Academy Director

Comment

Thank you for updating these. Could I either have hard copies of the updated lists sent to me or can you send me a PDF file and I will print them for myself, please? Thanks!

Comment

The PDF I attached in the 4th post of this thread has all the information you need. If you want it in weekly format, call us and we will replace your lesson plans.

Paul
                Paul Schaeffer
                --
                Academy Director

Comment

Working...
                X