Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting our new school year next week, with MEMORIA PRESS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting our new school year next week, with MEMORIA PRESS!

I am so excited, and so is my daughter, to be getting started with our new homeschool year and our first year with MP curriculum. Next Monday is our "first day of school." We are both also a bit anxious, but I am really eager to get her going with this wonderful material. I'm pretty sure she is going to LOVE it!

Don't forget to...

crack open those new school supplies and take that first day of school picture! I still take my kids outside in front of the house to snap a picture each year, just like all the other kids on the block. Of course, then we go right back in the house until it's time to head to Mass. You have to love Day 1 -- so full of promise.
    Blessings,
    Jude
    DD24
    DS21
    DS18
    DS16
    DD14
    DS11
    DD9

Comment

YEA!!! We are on our 3rd year and (except for the R&S Math) really love MP.
      The Homeschool Grads:
      J- 6/96
      S- 11/98

Homeschooling:
      G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
      D- 5/05
      F- 7/08 (my only girl)

New Homeschooler:
      M- 9/16: JrK

Comment

I'm so excited for you both! You will love MP! Keep us updated on how your 1st year is going.

Comment

YAY! What Grade are you doing? We will be doing our first year with MP as well! I wish you a good year!
          Karen
          Mom to DD-13 and DD-8.5
          3rd and 8th grade (2014-2015)

Comment

Oh, yes we do still take first day of school pictures (and we both plan to wear something a little nicer than the usual t-shirt & stretch pants...). DD is in 3rd-4th grade. She is weak in math and writing, so we are a bit slower in those subjects.

Comment

How is it going so far?

So, how is it going so far this week? I hope well!
              Festina lentē,
              Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
              DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
              DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
              DD 7th • HLN & Home
              DS 4th • HLN & Home
              Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

What a wonderful fun time to start a new school year. Don't be hard on yourself if the days don't turn out how you envisioned. You must not live where I live (the NW) because we are only now getting a good run of summer weather days.

Comment

Eager

I have to say that I am really looking forward to the start of a new school year. It is taking a great deal of restraint not start before August 26th. I decided that this year, since I will be doing grades 12, 6, 4, 2, 1, and Jr K, I want to match up the weeks as they are laid out, so I don't have to rework the readings to go with the seasons or holidays. For the summer we are mainly doing some extra Latin and math resources that I have around the house, reading, and making sure the handwriting skills don't deteriorate. I received my big box of Memoria Press materials, and I think I only forgot to order three things. That is quite an improvement for me. Honestly, if MP ever came out with a package of school supplies, I would probably order that too. It was possibly the best feature of Calvert when I used it for kindergarten twelve years ago. (And if you have ever used Calvert, you probably know why that was the only year I tried.)
                  Anyone else think that a completely fantastic part of homeschooling is NOT having that list of required school supplies? I actually feel sorry for the parents I see trying to find the exact pencil case or pocket folders with brads in specific colors.
                  ***And just let me add that if MP wanted to put together summer copywork books, I would snatch them up. I know I could put together my own, but apparently StartWrite software doesn't like Macs. I think copybooks of poems about summer would be fun for younger grades and then increase in difficulty. Maybe a whole book of the poems by Rosemary and Stephen Vincent Benet for one of the higher grades or one on animals or nature? I'm still hoping they put together a workbook on Aesop's Fables for the special needs packages. Ah well, I still have another 16 years of homeschooling ahead of me.
                  Blessings,
                  Jude

dd 16, ds 13, ds 10, ds 8, dd 6, ds 4, dd 14 mos.
                  DD24
                  DS21
                  DS18
                  DS16
                  DD14
                  DS11
                  DD9

Comment

After 8 days into our new school year, and new MP curriculum, I can say that things are going super duper! My dd has struggled big time with writing, although she scores way high for reading comprehension. But, she has told me multiple times over the last week that she loves the MP composition! She is mostly on 4th grade level but I started her on the 3rd grade Intro to Composition, before starting the Fable stage. She is doing so well with it! The literature studies, Greek Myths, and poetry are perfect for her. She even likes the Latin. I am so happy I found MP! I honestly haven't even thought about looking at any other curriculum program.

Additionally, it has made a world of difference in our house to be back on a structured schedule. The 6 weeks or so that we were on "summer break" was starting to get too long. Both of my girls thrive on structure, so there is more peace in the house again. Whew!

Comment

Very encouraging!

Originally posted by 2fromtheheart View Post
                      After 8 days into our new school year, and new MP curriculum, I can say that things are going super duper! My dd has struggled big time with writing, although she scores way high for reading comprehension. But, she has told me multiple times over the last week that she loves the MP composition! She is mostly on 4th grade level but I started her on the 3rd grade Intro to Composition, before starting the Fable stage. She is doing so well with it! The literature studies, Greek Myths, and poetry are perfect for her. She even likes the Latin. I am so happy I found MP! I honestly haven't even thought about looking at any other curriculum program.

Additionally, it has made a world of difference in our house to be back on a structured schedule. The 6 weeks or so that we were on "summer break" was starting to get too long. Both of my girls thrive on structure, so there is more peace in the house again. Whew!
                      Hearing this is so encouraging, this will be my first year with MP, I've received the Jr K program and it looks wonderful, should receive the Third grade with 4th substitutions in math tomorrow. I debated over which English to start her in, reading your post is confirming. It's amazing after homeschooling as long as I have that I can still be this excited, thank you MP!

Blessings,
                      Maggie
                      -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                      2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                      Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X