Iliad and Odyssey study guide question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iliad and Odyssey study guide question

Another quick question for you to help in my planning. I see that both the Iliad and Odyssey study guides cover 24 books (chapters) each. I assume each book has one lesson in the study guide (the sample shows one lesson for book 2). I am wondering how quizzes and tests fit in. Are there quizzes every 5 or so books (like many of your lit guides have) and a test at the end of each poem? Or is there just one big test at the end? I am planning to do one lesson a day and need to know how many days to allot for review and quiz/test taking. Thanks.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 21, chemistry major
    DS, 18, Physics major
    DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
    DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Hello.

The Iliad and Odyssey each has a test over Books I-X, then a test over Books I-XVIII (cumulative), then a final over all books. You will need extra review time since these are pretty extensive tests. We have written instructions for oral review throughout the study guide to ensure that students are retaining the important information. And we recommend intermittent informal quizzes (that can be oral or written) to further encourage students to master the material.

Tanya

Comment

quick and thorough response as usual Tanya. Thanks! That really helps. My son is wanting to do more of a block schedule next year rather than just follow the daily lesson plans so I am just trying to figure out what to fit in when which is hard when I do not have the books in hand yet. I should just go ahead and order them already, then maybe I would not have to pester you so much.
      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
      DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
      DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
      DS, 21, chemistry major
      DS, 18, Physics major
      DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
      DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
      DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

No problem! You aren't a pest. Feel free to ask questions whenever you need to. We're always glad to help!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X