First Form Latin Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Form Latin Question

Is First Form Latin appropriate for a 6th grader who hasn't completed Prima Latina and/or Latina Christiana?

Thanks,
    Kelly

Kelly,

It's perfect for that scenario!

Tanya

Comment

Thank you for the fast reply!

He has completed several lesson of Prima Latina and Latina Christiana 1 but hasn't completed either program. We have been a little too "unschoolish" in the past but I am determined to mend my ways

Kelly

Comment

First Form should be just right for you. I will say that Latin is a subject best taught in a "schoolish" manner. If you do not stick with the program, it will not stick with your child. Much like math, but even more so. I would have your child do Latin everyday. We taught a new lesson on Monday (I did not use DVD's- just the teacher guide) and did recitation. Then on Tue and Wed, he worked independently in the workbook. On Thursday we did more recitation and reviewed the workbook work and drilled for the quiz. Then on Friday he took the weekly quiz. We have just finished Second Form and will do Third Form next year in 7th grade.
        Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
        DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
        DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
        DS, 21, chemistry major
        DS, 18, Physics major
        DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
        DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
        DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Working...
        X