help deciding history for grade 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help deciding history for grade 2

Hi I'm new to this board and would love some help deciding on history curriculum. I love what I see with memoria core. I however have been really wanting a history curriculum that weaves biblical history with regular history. I was using Sonlight this year and was not happy with the lack of biblical application in history. I am considering Veritas AE/Ot. I wanted to know how memoria does their history. I know you do biographies but I saw that you had a new timeline kit. How does this work and is it similar to Veritas? I know Veritas uses your books. So, I just need a little direction. Thanks so much.
    Courtney
    Ds10 acc.5th
    Dd8 2nd
    Ds6 K
    Dd4
    Ds2
    Dd1
    #7coming July
    "saved by grace"

Our timeline set pulls dates from our Famous Men series, our Guerber American History book, and our Christian Studies program (which studies the Bible). The timeline program is designed to help students place events they learn about in the context of events going on in the rest of the world.

As for the actual texts, there is very little tying the material together with the Bible. This unification comes through the Timeline Program.

Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

I'd like to add here that our students have Christian Studies every year, along with classical studies and American studies or geography. Our classical studies books aren't directly integrated into Christian studies, so if you are looking for a history course that integrates the two areas, ours may not be what you are looking for. As Paul said, our timeline program helps tie all of this together.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        I'd like to add here that our students have Christian Studies every year, along with classical studies and American studies or geography. Our classical studies books aren't directly integrated into Christian studies, so if you are looking for a history course that integrates the two areas, ours may not be what you are looking for. As Paul said, our timeline program helps tie all of this together.

Regards,

Tanya
        Thank you so much! That's very helpful to know! Thanks for the quick replies!
        Courtney
        Ds10 acc.5th
        Dd8 2nd
        Ds6 K
        Dd4
        Ds2
        Dd1
        #7coming July
        "saved by grace"

Comment

Welcome to MP!

Just thought I throw this out there as I was just emailing a friend who is also looking into MP and here's what I told her regarding the Bible studies:

I always wanted a Bible program for the boys that went through the Bible systematically; however I think the (younger) boys have gotten so much more out of copying and memorizing Scripture than (the older one) ever got out of the 'studies.'

I always liked the weaving of Bible and history as well, but my focus has changed over the years a bit. Anyway, I hope that I don't cause more confusion for you, but thought I'd share.

Blessings!
          Kami

Comment

Working...
          X