Individual lesson plans needed for K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual lesson plans needed for K

I am thinking about getting the lesson plans separated for K this coming year since I'm certain we won't be ready for some of it but other parts we will. I want to be able to start each area as we are ready for it without having to flip back and forth throughout the whole year. I can see how math and phonics would obviously be distinct lesson plans but is the recitation appendix list available as a separate lesson plan? or are all the appendices available as one lesson plan together or would they be individual?

I'm not sure if those questions make sense. I will try to clarify if they don't.

thanks!

oh, I'm at my first home school conference this weekend. I was a bit amused to see your catalog in our goody bag. Any possibility that you'll ever come up to Michigan?? *hoping!*

I am really glad that I got the full lesson plans. We are all over the map with useage. I am in different places for FSR, copywork, and I do the lit in the order I find it at the library, not the school year (especially because we are so far off the year the holidays won't line up anyway.) I like having all the appendices though, and I like to read the introduction sometimes, to help me know what I am trying to accomplish.

Anyway, I got a homeschool planner. I make note of where I am in different MP programs for the week, plus I can take down where I am in other programs we are working through, plus make not of anything I want to do with my littles. It takes a little time to transcribe, but it helps me remember where we started the year so I can see what we were really doing by this point at the end. You can get free planning sheets online if you don't want to spend on a planner.

Lena

Comment

Paperclips & Cursive Lessons

Yesterday morning I just transferred the Cursive lesson plans (1st grade) onto a four-day plan in Excel. I have one each in K & 1st grade. The younger one wants to do cursive and I thought that he could keep up. So I made up some worksheets for his brother to practice until I have him up to speed. Anyway, usually I just use paperclips when we're in different places in the guide, but for this I one subject I thought it would be easier to just transfer onto another lesson plan.

I also have gotten many lesson plans and other worksheets from donnayoung.org. The website can be a bit overwhelming at times because there is so much information, but maybe you'll find some gems there.

Blessings!
      Kami

Comment

You can get the lesson plans separated for $3 a subject, and the appendices as a whole for kindergarten would be another $3.

If you look at the sample on our website, you will see how the subjects are separated and then make your decision. Here's the link: http://www.memoriapress.com/sites/default/files/products/samples/KINDERGARTEN%20SAMPLE.pdf

We have considered Michigan and it is still on our radar. We are looking for a big convention that would justify the travel.

Paul
        Paul Schaeffer
        --
        Director, Schools Division
        Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
          You can get the lesson plans separated for $3 a subject, and the appendices as a whole for kindergarten would be another $3.

If you look at the sample on our website, you will see how the subjects are separated and then make your decision. Here's the link: http://www.memoriapress.com/sites/default/files/products/samples/KINDERGARTEN%20SAMPLE.pdf

We have considered Michigan and it is still on our radar. We are looking for a big convention that would justify the travel.

Paul
          thanks. does the information in the front of the guide (before the lesson plans start, teacher sort of info) count as a subject too? in other words, can I get that info without getting the full guide since I'm trying to get all the same info but just separated out?

As far as conferences, I don't know what counts as big, but the INCH conference I was just at is the biggest that I know of in the area. thanks for thinking of us!

Comment

The instructions that are at the beginning of the lesson plans are split up and included at the beginning of the individual lesson plans, so you won't be missing anything.

As for the conference, I have passed on that info to our convention manager to see if it will be a possibility next year. Thanks for making us take a look at it!

Paul
            Paul Schaeffer
            --
            Director, Schools Division
            Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
            X