Third Grade Christian Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Grade Christian Studies

For the third grade curriculum, how often is there work for Christian Studies? Is it done 5 days/week or if less, what is the frequency?

Hello.

We do Christian Studies one day a week. We have an hour and a half block each day for history and science. One day a week is D'Aulaires' Greek Myths, one day Christian Studies, one day States & Capitals, and the last day Astronomy. The teachers do spend a little time every day reciting the Scripture verses the students have memorized, but they can get a lesson completed in Christian Studies within the hour and a half allotted. They read the lesson aloud around the room, and then they work together completing the study guides.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Tanya,
      I saw your answer to her question, and it sparked another question from me. Do the lesson plans offer that sort of guide within them...sort of a, "plan to spend 90 minutes one time per week on this" for each of the subjects in the lesson plans? I am going to be transitioning my current sixth grader to setting her own schedule for the week next year, and it would be really helpful for both of us to have that...plus on down the line with the others too.

Thanks!
      AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
      DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
      DS, 17
      DD, 15
      DD, 13
      DD, 11
      DD, 9
      DD, 7
      +DS+
      DS, 2

Comment

Hi, Sarah.

The lesson plans do have a suggested schedule in them, and they also break down the courses by day. So, if a subject is only taught one or two days a week, the lesson plans will schedule that for you.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X