Beginning in 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning in 7th

What are the can't miss items from K-6 that a student would need to have to prepare for beginning 7th grade with your Core Curriculum. I know they will need to start with First Form Latin and the Fable stage of Classical Composition. I have Intro to Classical Studies to go through before beginning 7th, but what else do they need to do to prepare?

We have 4-5 months here before school starts in the fall that we could use to prepare.
    Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
    Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
    Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Hello.

In addition to going through the Intro. to Classical Studies Guide, I'd recommend that your students read The Trojan War by Olivia Coolidge. If you get all this done, you will be ready for our 7th grade package!

I will tell you that our 7th grade geography program assumes students have already been through our Geography I and II, so that program doesn't spend a lot of time mapping locations, so if you feel your students need to learn where things are in the world, you might consider doing Geography I instead of Geography III next year. At the end of Geog. I, students will be able to map Europe, the Middle East, and No. Africa. At the end of Geog. II, they will be able to map the rest of the world. So, you could just do Geography III if it's not that important to you for your students to map the world. Geography III stands alone, so they can complete the course without having done the other courses.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Is the mapping in Geography I and II drawing the maps from memory or labeling maps and learning the names of everything?
      Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
      Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

Hello.

These courses are mainly labeling maps that the student is given in the workbook. I think that our teachers do have students practice drawing also if time allows, but the course gives you the maps to label. You can complete it without drawing independently.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thank you for the responses. This forum and the level of responsiveness your company has is just utterly amazing. Truly, I believe that it has earned you a fan for life (and I have a four year old following these big boys that are in the 7th grade).

For special ordering with the curriculum packages, the only option is to call to place the order, correct? I am not actually ready to order quite yet, just planning ahead.

Comment

Miah,

I'm glad we have been able to help you! If you are piecing a curriculum package together, the only way to get the discount for a package is to call in your order right now. We are working on our website so that you can individualize your package, but we aren't there yet!

Cheers,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
            X