Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th Grade updates?

Hi Tanya,

I was wondering if there have been updates to the 4th Grade lesson plans; specifically Grammar? My last updated lesson plan was in December which has R&S Grammar. I really want to use MP Grammar! Is it safe to purchase Grammar II and just start using it?

Also, has Poetry been updated? Mine has the comb binding and was updated last December I think.

- Ann

Hi, Ann.

We are on the cusp of having 4th grade grammar and the poetry guide revised and completed. We are making changes to both books. The poetry guide is currently with the copy editor, so I should have it from the printer in a month or so. And I'm thinking the 4th grade grammar book should be ready in about 6 weeks. Do you mind contacting me again to check status? If you need these books sooner, we can print them in-house for you to use now and replace them with the final versions later.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Hi Tanya,

I was wondering if the 4th grade updates have been completed?

Thanks.

Ann

Comment

Confused

Is the Grammar program now renamed English Grammar Recitation Workbook I and II? I just received Classical Teacher today and noticed that since this edition focuses on grammar.

I have the original grammar book for 4th grade (for the fall). Will I need to replace that with the newer edition? We are currently in the middle of the 3rd grade grammar book.

Thanks for any info and I apologize since I believe I am being repetitive!
        Blessings,
        Theresa George

{Mom to S-24, S-21, D-18 and D-9}

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

timing of purchase

I'm looking to purchase packages for next year. I was going to do it soon so I could look them over, but after reading this post, I was wondering if it'd be better to wait a little while for updated versions. I'm going to be buying the 6, 4, 2, and K core curriculum. Or, if I do buy them now, how do I find out about updated versions?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello.

We have made all the updates to the 4th grade lesson plans except for the English Grammar Recitation. We are still making some minor changes to that book, and then we will update the plans. If you need to go ahead and purchase the curriculum guide for planning purposes, we will always replace it when we have all the updates completed. It is fine as it is now for planning purposes.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Theresa,

We did rename the grammar program. Cheryl Lowe felt that English Grammar Recitation better suited the main emphasis of the program. Sorry for the confusion!

You will want to get an updated version as soon as we have it ready. Check back toward the middle of summer, and maybe we'll have it!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Calykatz,

As I stated in the post above, our lesson plans are good now to use for planning purposes. Mainly, when we make changes, it is in the summers when we have teachers working for us. So, you may want to check with us before you start school and see if any of your plans need to be updated. I don't anticipate any major changes because I feel like we have the plans where the teachers want them now. But there may be minor changes or corrections as we work with the teachers this summer.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Difference?

Someone asked me the main difference between the Beta Grammar book (3rd grade) and the Grammar Recitation for the Grammar Stage that is now revised?

Also, is the 4th grade Grammar updated now or will they be working on that over the summer?

Thanks for any info.
                  Blessings,
                  Theresa George

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

Hello.

The revised English Grammar Recitation is the same as the beta product, only we have cleaned it up and changed the title. The changes are minor, not affecting the content taught. If you have the beta version, we'll be glad to replace it for you with the final workbook.

We are making some minor changes to the 4th grade workbook, and then it will go to the printer, so we should have it in its final form around the middle of the summer.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thanks Tanya...

We are just finishing up Grammar I and I ordered the recitation booklet to have too so we can review what we learned over the summer.

I will check back later in the summer concerning updates. I would only need a replacement for the 4th grade Grammar in the fall.

Have a blessed day.
                      Blessings,
                      Theresa George

Comment

Working...
                      X