8th grade update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8th Grade - Greek II

I saw Elementary Greek II listed on the pdf for 8th grade. We finished Greek Alphabet but have not purchased Elementary Greek I. Should we go ahead and purchase and begin over the summer and add Greek II when we complete Greek I or jump in with Greek II. Not really comfortable jumping in but I did not see Greek I added to the 7th Grade Curriculum package either. We are finishing 7th but could certainly start on Greek I over the summer.

Also, will Greek I be added to the 7th grade package? I have 3 coming up on 7th so I would need to get the Teacher Guide portion related to scheduling. Thanks.

(Anxiously anticipating complete 8th Package).

Comment

Re: Greek

Ingramgl,

Just wanted to jump in and say you definitely need to do Elementary Greek I prior to Elementary Greek II. It is similar to the Latin Form series in that one can't really just jump ahead to the second year book.

My kids used MP's Greek Alphabet book, followed by E.G. I & II.

Hope that helps in terms of your planning?
      homeschooling mother to a 16yo boy & 18yo girl, both learning at the high school level, and an adult son whom I homeschooled all the way through. You are welcome to read more about our homeschooling life at my blog: link via my username. Please forgive any typos in my comments here! I'm disabled and can't always type clearly.

Comment

I also saw Greek II listed in the 8th grade plans and wondered whether Greek I will be added to the 7th grade package...
        Tahara

Homeschooling two boys
        DS -19 (9/00) Homeschool graduate, in college
        DS -15 (9/04) (SN) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin
        DS -14 (7/06) MP Year 8 w/ FF Latin

Comment

8th gr - Greek II

Originally posted by EllieCove View Post
          Ingramgl,

Just wanted to jump in and say you definitely need to do Elementary Greek I prior to Elementary Greek II. It is similar to the Latin Form series in that one can't really just jump ahead to the second year book.

My kids used MP's Greek Alphabet book, followed by E.G. I & II.

Hope that helps in terms of your planning?
          Thanks. I suspected as much.

Comment

Hello.

Right now, Greek is only going to be optional in our curriculum packages. We feel like everyone may not be ready to jump into Greek alongside Latin, so we decided to make it optional. Elementary Greek is lesson planned out for you in the book, so it will be an easy add-on if you wish to do it.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Will there be any American/Modern/Geography studies for 8th grade?

Comment

Hello.

Eighth grade doesn't have American/Modern studies. We have 2 years of American history in a high school history text in 9th-10th grades, and we have finished geography in 7th grade. By the end of 6th grade, students should be mapping the world fluently, and in 7th, we do a world geography course. In 11th-12th grades, we do 2 years of European/Modern history using a high school text.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

8th Grade Curriculum Package

Just checking on the current status of the 8th Grade Curriculum Package. I know you guys are working diligently. We are just anxious to get started. Thanks.

Comment

Eighth grade is coming along, but it really is going to be closer to end of summer before we have it completed. We have teachers writing diligently, but as the content gets more difficult, it takes longer to complete. But we are moving forward!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

8th Grade Curriculum Package

Hi guys, I saw on another post that one of the 8th grade literature guides may not be ready until Second Semester. I know in this post we are anticipating 8th grade package release end of summer time frame. Will the delayed literature guide hold up the release of 8th grade? Do we still anticipate late August for release? Thanks. (Truly appreciate all the hard work your team does).

Comment

Hello.

The delayed literature will not affect the release of 8th grade. We'll just backorder the Henry V study guide and send it on to you as soon as it is complete.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                        X