8th grade update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8th grade update?

I was curious how the 8th grade package is coming along? Would it be ready by fall 2013?

Hello.

We are making good progress on 8th grade. The biggest thing left to write is the lit. guides, and I do have someone writing those, and he anticipates that they will be complete by the end of summer. I'm feeling good about it.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

about the 8th grade...

Can you direct me to a listing of what is in the 8th grade? Thanks!

Comment

Hello.

I'm attaching our book list for 8th grade. We plan to have this ready to go by fall of 2013.

Regards,

Tanya
        Attached Files

Comment

Yippee! Thank you so much for attaching that....it looks great great great!

AMDG,
          Sarah
          2020-2021
          16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
          DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
          DS, 16
          DD, 14
          DD, 12
          DD, 10
          DD, 8
          DD, 6
          +DS+
          DS, 2

Comment

Math just says Algebra 1. What text will be offered?
            The Homeschool Grads:
            J- 6/96
            S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
            G- 4/04
            D- 5/05
            F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
            M- 9/16

Comment

Hello.

We will probably offer the same text we use at our school, but we haven't made a decision about that yet. The text we currently use is Algebra 1 Prentice Hall Classics (ISBN 9780131337701). I feel like we'll stick with it if I can get a teacher to write the tests for us and we feel it would be a good fit for homeschoolers. Sometimes, the texts we use in the classroom with master teachers don't lend themselves as well to homeschoolers, but we'll see.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Are you creating a course for the Inter-testament period, with a study guide and books? And if so, will it be available by fall do you think?

Thank you!

Julie
                Julie

2016-2017:

DD 19 -- homeschool graduate attending community college
                DS 17 -- 12th grade using variety + MPOA Chemistry
                DD 12 -- MP 7A

Comment

Hi, Julie.

We are developing an Inter-Testamental course, but I don't know if we'll have it completed by fall. It may be another year. We haven't found a primary text we really like, so we are writing on, and that tends to take longer than writing study guides to go with a text. But we are working on it!

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

booklist thanks

Thank you for posting that PDF booklist.

We are weaving in some MP for our 7th grade son this year and I wasn't sure how to proceed with 8th grade. That list really helped.

He's done Book of the Ancient world already and is about to start Illiad & odyssey along with book of the ancient greeks. He really seems to like it.

Comment

8th Grade Curriculum Package

Curious if there is a projected date for ordering the 8th grade curriculum package. I need two and am trying to project budget. Thanks.

Comment

Hello.

We are planning to release the 8th grade package in late spring. We have the majority of it ready, but we need lesson plans for several subjects, and we need to make an algebra decision. The pricing is looking like it will be around the same price as the 7th grade, but I can't make a final pricing decision without the algebra book. Also, the Latin program that comes with the 8th grade is cheaper than the 7th grade Latin, so we may need to adjust for that if you aren't ready for Henle II. It looks like the consumable set for the second student will only be around $150.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thank you for the update. Really helps for budgeting. 2 lovely daughters in 7th, 2 awesome boys in 5th and 1 delightful boy in K. We are truly blessed to have Memoria as our main curriculum. Appreciate all the quality material and work your team does.

Comment

Tanya --

Do you believe that the Algebra I Prentice Hall Classics will continue to be available as Prentice Hall is pretty big up on the Common Core Curriculum Standards and might be editing all their books to such material???
                            Margaret of Georgia, in west TN – Enginerd’s wife and Mama

2019-2020/-2021 · Homeschooling since 2011.
                            Trekking along at a student self-pace...
                            DD Summer 2009 · 5th/6th + BS3&4
                            DD Summer 2011 · SC4/SC5*6 + BS3&4
                            DS Summer 2014 · K/SC2 + SL P + K
                            DD Summer 2017 · Pre + SL T
                            DS Autumn 2019 • Baby

Memoria Scholé Academy
                            Blog: Creative Madness Mama
                            @ CherryBlossomMJ

Comment

I really don't know if they will edit their Algebra book or not. I haven't heard anything about an edit, but it is difficult to get information from the large school publishers. I'll let you know if I hear any rumors.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                              X