Latina Christiana 1 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latina Christiana 1 questions

Hi~ We've been doing your wonderful program for three days now and are loving it. However, I have a couple of questions. The Lesson Plans for Latina Christiana talk about Laudere Latine, but I do not know what that is, so we cannot do this part of the lesson. Could you please point me in the right direction? Also, where are the flash cards? I didn't see them in our order, but am thinking they may be in one of the books, but I cannot seem to find them.

Thanks

Laudere Latina is a puzzle book for Latin. It contains crosswords, seek and find, and hangman puzzles. It is meant to be used alongside Latina Christiana I. My daughter really enjoys it.

I believe the flashcards have to be ordered separately. We do not have them either. So far, so good : )
    Blessings,
    Theresa George

{Mom to S-24, S-21, D-18 and D-9}

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

Hmm..Ok, thanks for the info on the puzzle book. I will have to look into purchasing that. We did purchase the full 3rd grade program from Memoria Press and according to the list in the lesson plans there should be flash cards. They are probably in one of the books and I am just missing them.

One more question

It talks about Vocabulary column one two and three. I can't seem to find this vocabulary either. I'm still a little confused over this, as you can tell...

Comment

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm what carmelitemom said: Ludere Latine is a book of Latin puzzles and games. It's a great way for students to practice their Latin without feeling like they're practicing. It is an optional supplement and sold separately from the LC1 set.

The flashcards are shrink-wrapped and not in one of the books. They should have been included in a full 3rd grade package so it may be a shipping error on our part. Give us a call and we can double-check your order and send out anything you're missing.

The vocabulary columns refer to a vocabulary practice sheet that goes along with the pronunciation cd.

I'm glad you're enjoying the program so far, and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!

Comment

Michael,

I was wondering about the vocabulary columns too. I do have the pronunciation CD but I did not get a practice sheet. It wouldn't be in the books, correct?

(Glad you brought that up.)
          Blessings,
          Theresa George

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

Sorry, I should have made it clear the practice sheet IS included in the books. I am out of the office and don't have a copy of LC1 with me, but it is in the teacher manual appendix I believe. There or the front of the teacher manual. We moved its location and now I can't remember where it is!

Comment

Sorry...should of looked first. Thank you.
              Blessings,
              Theresa George

Comment

Originally posted by carmelitemom View Post
                Sorry...should of looked first. Thank you.
                Have you found them? Because all I can seem to find is the Vocabulary by grammar
                form list. Is that it?

Comment

No, I haven't found them. I mean there are a couple of lists in the back of both books but they are either alphabetized or by part of speech. If we are drilling, I thought they would be in order of lessons.

I think I need some help in locating it too.
                  Blessings,
                  Theresa George

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. In the most recent printing, it's on p. 17 in the teacher guide. It is called "Vocabulary Drill." There are 3 blocks to write the vocabulary 3x each week. The following page is the "Grammar Drill" where students can write their new grammar form 3x each week. These sheets are reproducible, so you would need one of each for each lesson.

Let me know if you still can't locate it. I'll attach it here.

Tanya

Comment

Okay, found it...thank you. I was looking for a list of words.
                      Blessings,
                      Theresa George

Comment

Working...
                      X