Music for K, 1st, 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music for K, 1st, 2nd

I just typed this out at the end of another very long thread and wanted to share it here as well:

I've had a great time this year using a free Spotify playlist for first grade music. An account is free at spotify.com and you search by the title/composer and many different arrangements populate. You can choose the one you like best and then create/add it to a playlist. I currently have one on there titled "Memoria First Grade Music" in which I have compositions through the 19th week. If you search for it you will find it there. It's all free and it's fantastic because I can have the playlist going in the background other times. We can listen to them in order, or set it to shuffle to try and guess the title. My son, who missed all the art/music by coming to MP as a third grader, has greatly enjoyed the music as well and has much of it committed to memory thanks to Spotify.

There is also a paid service (Spotify Premium, I believe) that allows you to listen without commercials or on another device, like a mobile or tablet. We've just stuck with free for now!

One last thing, I've also found a great song for "The Hayloft" (RLStevenson) on Spotify by Ted Jacobs from his CD 'Back to the Garden' which is in Poetry for the Grammar School.

Hope this helps!
    Jessica
    DS, 8
    DD, 6
    DD, 3
    DS, 15 mos
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
    DS Hillsdale College freshman
    DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
    DD 8th • HLN & Home