Greek Myths Flashcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek Myths Flashcards

I recently ordered the Greek Myths set and we are currently on Lesson 3...I noticed that our flashcard set does not include anything from lesson 3, yet in the student guide there is a list of gods/godesses that are in the Facts to Know. Was it intentional to leave this lesson out (meaning, it's not as important to memorize this list of names/definitions?)? Or do I have a defective set of flashcards?

Thanks,
    Lisa E
    Mom to 9 kiddos...homeschooling since the beginning...
    In our 5th year of using MP with a rising 7A, 6A, 4A, 3A, 2nd, K, Jr K, 2 year old, and 5 month old.

Headmistress of Aberdeen Latin School
    www.aberdeenlatinschool.com

Lisa,

Actually, we didn't put this list of gods and goddesses on the flashcards because they are of ultimate importance. Look in Lesson 3 at the Activities. The last assignment is to memorize this list of gods/goddesses and recite them weekly. This is the major gods/goddesses, and it is important for students to nail them, so our students memorize them as a list and recite it regularly. Therefore, they don't need flashcards on these. They are the characters that they need to know fully because they are the ones that feature the most in literature - Homer, Shakespeare, etc. So plan for this lesson to be one you recite as you begin each mythology class.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

List

Would it be possible to have access to the list to be memorized? We read D'Aulaires last year but didn't have the student book. If not, I understand.
      Last edited by carmelitemom; 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM.
      Blessings,
      Theresa George

{Mom to S-24, S-21, D-18 and D-9}

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

Hi, Theresa.

Your list is attached.

Tanya
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

This is great...thanks so much!
          Blessings,
          Theresa George

{Mom to S-24, S-21, D-18 and D-9}

"O blessed Jesus, give me stillness of soul in You. Let Your mighty calmness reign in me. Rule me, O King of Gentleness, King of Peace." ~ St. John of the Cross OCD

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Lisa,

Actually, we didn't put this list of gods and goddesses on the flashcards because they are of ultimate importance. Look in Lesson 3 at the Activities. The last assignment is to memorize this list of gods/goddesses and recite them weekly. This is the major gods/goddesses, and it is important for students to nail them, so our students memorize them as a list and recite it regularly. Therefore, they don't need flashcards on these. They are the characters that they need to know fully because they are the ones that feature the most in literature - Homer, Shakespeare, etc. So plan for this lesson to be one you recite as you begin each mythology class.

Regards,

Tanya
            OK, that makes sense--Thanks so much!
            Mom to 9 kiddos...homeschooling since the beginning...
            In our 5th year of using MP with a rising 7A, 6A, 4A, 3A, 2nd, K, Jr K, 2 year old, and 5 month old.

Headmistress of Aberdeen Latin School
            www.aberdeenlatinschool.com

Comment

Working...
            X